Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Catharines Conference Centre
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in St. Catharines
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for one night and was thrilled with our suite on the sixth floor. It was easy to get to from the QEW and close to many wineries and other attractions in the Niagara area. During our visit the staff at the front desk were welcoming and helpful. Our sitting area/kitchenette and bedroom were tastefully decorated and the beds and pillows were incredibly comfortable. Wifi was free and worked well and flatscreen TVs were in the bedroom and sitting area. The bathroom had both a shower and tub and everything in our suite was spotless and sparkling clean. Timothy's on the main level had a variety of teas, coffees and pastries and their banana and chocolate chip loaf was delicious! The rooftop bar and lounge, with access from the sixth floor, provided comfortable seating, outdoor heating and a great atmosphere to visit with friends. I highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay in a suite again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Debbie S
Tom N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Catharines Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Thank you for the Great Review! I am happy to see you had a chance to enjoy our hotel!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed for a week in September and found the rooms to be clean and a nice size. The bathroom tends to be a little on the small side but is nice done and clean as well. The only issue I have is the WIFI is not always reliable as it tends to be on the low to very low side. Great place to stay and the staff is very friendly.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 234 ... I found it too far away from everything.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Cocobean61

Thank you for the review! We have recently upgraded our WIFI and are seeing great coverage! You business and feedback is much appreciated!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in July 2013 for two nights, and we were very impressed. We had the one bedroom suite, which appeared to be brand new! Very nice size bedroom but the kitchen/sitting/living area was on the small size. Still really nice though! I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I believe the 9th floor was new, which is where we were. Lower floor one bedrooms had different layo...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NorthernSpirit
Tom N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Catharines Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

I am glad you had a change to experience our new rooms! We hope to have you back soon.

Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

We honestly had a great experience here. We booked early with breakfast included and stayed for 6 days. This is a great location for getting on the QEW and getting to the Falls or NOTL and even Toronto. The place looks great and the rooms are modern and well equipped. We had a suite with the sink, microwave and fridge. Two TVs and beautiful bathroom with shower and separate tub. My family of 4 was very comfortable. We had breakfast at JJKapps every day. This will included in the rate we booked. You get a voucher every morning that covers a prefix menu. You pay for coffee and juice. We ended up paying 6 cnd a day. Not bad considering that was for 4. Internet access was good, I did get on Netflix and streamed some movies on my tablet with no problems. Service was excellent and the hotel felt new. Really enjoyed our stay. For dinner this town is great, even Syndicate restaurant across the street was great. You have plenty of choice in St Catharines.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Hector G

Fantastic! We would love to have you back soon!

Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

First off, appreciation to the staff for their quick action and handing of an unfortunate situation.

In fairness to both the hotel and guests its important to be open and honest.

The situation that we experienced was bed bugs.

Would I return, I don't know but we did stay on for two more nights in an another room.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank RKRW
Tom N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Catharines Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

We strive to make sure incidences like this never happen at our hotels! Erinn and myself both made sure that you and your family were properly take care of. We are sorry that there was an issue and we did what was needed to rectify the situation.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Stayed here for two nights in July, two adults and two kids. Highlights include the pool and the price.
For coffee addicts (which we are not) there is also a Timothy's in the lobby.
As is often the case, the pool was out of towels, very speedy replacement when we asked, same in the room, as we like to have a couple extra towels.
Room was clean, although our view was of the back of a sign, we did get the morning sun.
Grocery store across the street a VERY handy feature, also lots of quick meals nearby, close to NOTL and the falls, and a dollar store for when we ran out of batteries, and a chance to see the big ships a short drive away.

Room Tip: some rooms on the second floor face the back of the sign over the lobby entrance, if you want a view...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AimeeDP41

Thank for staying with us! Next time you are in the area we can make sure you get a suite on the 9th floor overlooking 12mile creek!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

When you are a Hilton Honors Diamond, booking with another brand is problematical at best. You know "your" brand and look askance at others when you are forced to stay out of your chain's properties. At least, that is how I felt until I stayed at this surprising gem in the Niagara Region.

Being the height of summer, prices at all hotels were sky high. The only Hiltons at which I could get a reservation were in Niagara Falls proper, with all of the tourist hoorah, and my work was actually in Saint Catharines, a few kilometers away. So I gritted my teeth and went with Priceline, which assigned me to this hotel.

As this is the venue where my business meetings were being conducted, I knew that the convention center part was well handled. But the rooms? A Holiday Inn? Surely it would only be average... well, I will be the first to admit how wrong I was.

This Holiday Inn was just completed last year, converting a Quality Inn space to something more upscale. The personnel is welcoming, accommodating, and when they found out I was "jumping ship" from the Competition this trip, did everything they could to woo me away from Big H. I was upgraded to a suite on the 7th floor, which was nicer than any suite I'd had at a HIlton chain hotel. Elegant decor, fabulously comfortable beds, a bathroom with both shower stall AND tub, and a very convenient kitchenette set up. Furniture was immaculate and subtly tasteful. Towels were plentiful. Water pressure high and as much hot water as needed. Air conditioning worked very well and quietly (and this was during one of the worst heat waves Saint Catherines could remember). The seventh floor also afforded me a view of one of the most violent lightning and thunder storms I've ever seen -- but this hotel felt incredibly rock solid, so I watched Mother Nature's temper tantrum in comfort.

I breakfasted at Timothy's downstairs, which has a fine variety of coffees, teas and baked goods.

Call me a Benedict Arnold, Big H, but next time I am in Saint Catharines I will be staying with the Loyal Opposition...you, Dear Reader, should do the same. This hotel is definitely worth it.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite if you can. I stayed in Room 716 and loved it.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Traveling_Psychic
Tom N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Catharines Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

St Catharine's is a Great place to visit. we are located in the heart of Niagara and are within a 10 drive to all major attractions! please visit us again when in the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St. Catharines
Best Western St. Catharines Hotel & Conference Centre
1 mi away
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 7 in St. Catharines
Four Points by Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the...
#8 of 16 in Niagara-on-the-Lake
Capri Inn
Capri Inn
#1 of 7 in St. Catharines
Canadas Best Value Inn - St. Catharines

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Catharines Conference Centre? Share your experiences!