Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Catharines Conference Centre
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in St. Catharines
Reviewed August 16, 2012

It was a very nice location to stay at and we liked having the grocery store across the street.
The hotel was pretty busy so it took a little longer than normal to check into our two rooms. Our rooms were not even near one another, but that didn't matter.

The only nitpick I had with the room, was there was a water stain on the ceiling, and the wireless was extremely slow. The computer in the lobby could also use some serious updating as well. However the room was updated, no loose caulk, stains, carpet problems or anything else to nitpick. I really liked the bed, and the selection of pillows we got on each one.

I was still able to use the internet to upload my pictures from the weekend so that was good.

The pool was a bit small, but still very nice to use. It was even real easy to get to Niagara falls from here as well. Would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Catharines Conference Centre

Reviewed August 7, 2012

We stayed at the Holiday Inn for the weekend for a track meet Aug 3-6. The hotel is clean, as are the rooms. The rooms are very comfortable, and everything seems to have been updated. There is a Starbucks on the main floor, which was convenient for morning coffee, or little treats such as cookies/biscotti and a few sandwiches, salads, yogurt. There is no gift shop, however, so if you required more items such as gum, candy, etc, you had to go to the Freschco which was across the street (not a far walk). The staff were friendly and helpful at all locations. The restaurant in the hotel was ok, but I would not recommend the morning buffet. The only items served were scrambled eggs, potatoes, sausages, bacon and toast (2 cereals), no fruit, cheeses, pastries or omlets to be found, and it was expensive (13.00). There are a few restaurants within walking distance that were fine (Boston Pizza, Jack Astors, a roadhouse/steak restaurant, Tim Hortons, Subway, McDonalds). It is very close to the 401 (but not so close that you heard the traffic).I would stay here again, as it was easy to get around, and very close to wine country.

Room Tip: Try to get rooms on the 4th floor or higher, the noise from the banquet rooms can be heard on the 3r...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Though the hotel was full with lots of young people in the pool and lobby, the room was very quiet. Barely any sounds to be heard from the hallway or even from the adjoining room. The hotel is clean and comfortable. The lobby is a bit odd with the coffee shop including some small tables located on the way to the elevator, making it a bit awkward to maneouver the luggage. The elevator is small but arrived quite quickly.

Lots of towels provided. The bathtub was a little slippery for showering. Take some care in there. One odd thing was no toilet paper roll dispenser - the roll just sat on a shelf under the sink. Air conditioning was relatively quiet.

The front desk staff were very helpful and friendly despite being busy.
Definitely worth considering if you are staying in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I booked this hotel becasue it was close to family and we were going for a family visit. this was central to all. I booked three nites on hotels.com. My husband and I travel alot and have stayed in many hotels from local to the States and many in the carribean, I have to say the Holiday Inn was my worst stay in any, and that includes roadside motels. It was fairly clean, the rooms were well set up, tho there have been renos our room had plaster falling from around the windows, and the wallpaper was peeling. It has an indoor pool and fitness area, a restaurant which was pricey for what it was, and a bowling alley if u need something to do. the area is central but, views are of parking lots empty stores and restuarants, and yes a wrecking yard ! Check in was quick and easy, the gentleman was polite. From there it went down hill !!! after putting our things in our room we left to dinner and drinks with family, upon arriving back for the nite we found ourselves locked out of our room. I went to the front desk and they staeted that we were in a different room, not wanting to be impolite I went and checked. nope not our room and the keys were not programed for it either ?? Back to the desk, it took them twenty minutes to sort out that whomever checked us in put us in the wrong room? Not our fault I didnt assign myself the room? no sorry, no apology for the mix up ?? Apparently the room was to be empty and they found uor luggage in it so they locked us out ! Again no sorry for the mix up our even smile !! The next morning My Husband went out for a ciggerette and down to get coffee. He took a popcan with him to use so he wouldnt make a mess, when he approached the coffee shop he was handed two cups and asked for five dollars, no good morning , no thank you the fellow pointed to the coffee and grunted. We left that morning to visit family and returned at four o'clock to a not under or door threatening us with charging three hundred dollars because my husband left the popcan with ciggarette butts in the garbage ?? This they said was evidence of smoking in our room?? after changing and leaving for dinner we arrived to again being locked out of our room ? We had the maid let us in ?? To the front desk again, I have never spent so much time at the front desk anywhere!! The following day again after being out all day, we arrived at four to find our room not cleaned an we were locked out !! ARGGH !! fortunately the maid let us in, again I go to the desk have to wait for twenty min to talk to someone and get the keys reprogrammed no sorry no smile no apology for the inconvience. Staff was openly rude and uncaring, unhelpful and treated us on the whole as garbage. I will never stay or recommend this place to anyone !

Room Tip: Area surrounded by parking lots and noise !!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank michelle851
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I was a bit skeptical when my wife booked this hotel in St. Caths for a day trip to Niagara Falls, but was pleasantly surprised.

Clean, great room (we had a suite), the staff was very helpful, and it was well priced. I would have liked to of been closer to the falls (its a 10 min drive)...but at half the cost of a NF hotel I could live with it!

I travel a bit for business, and typically stay in some of the "better" chains, in my opinion this hotel was much better than some of the more upscale hotels I have stayed at. Would certainly recommend it. We have a 2.5 year old boy, and the staff was great every time they saw him and accommodated us with a couple of special requests.

Only complaint was that the sofa and chair in the tv room were very not conducive to lounging/relaxing - but certainly not a deal breaker.

Overall I wouldnt hesitate going back for a family weekend.

Room Tip: For a family the suites are great - put the kids to bed early and you can relax watching TV in the o...
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Nice hotel! Very big and newly renovated, though it looks like their still working on it. Good location, just a short drive from the QEW & Downtown St.Catharines. Nice lobby with Timothy’s Coffee Shop, as well as JJ Kapps Restaurant. Bowling alley & swimming pool too! Very nice rooms with beautiful bathrooms, comfortable beds and California shutters... a nice touch! Very big conference center too. Beside Boston Pizza restaurant.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

This is a beautiful hotel. I would have rated it with the highest numbers if it wasn't for one thing.

At approximately 3am, an alarm started to sound in our room. We had no idea what this was, and had to call the front desk to ask. Apparently this was the fire alarm, and the building was evacuated. The firetrucks showed up promptly, and everyone was allowed back in around 3:30 am. Very happy to know their fire system worked. Unfortunately, we were told it went off due to a faulty vending machine.

This was a very unsettling experience (especially when not in your home country) and one that I believe could have easily been avoided.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St. Catharines
Fairview - Facer
Days Inn St. Catharines Niagara
Days Inn St. Catharines Niagara
#5 of 7 in St. Catharines
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the...
#8 of 15 in Niagara-on-the-Lake

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Catharines Conference Centre? Share your experiences!