“Great service”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in St. Catharines
Pickering, Canada
“Great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2010

Stayed with a group and the hotel went out of their way to keep our rooms together, even with all of our requests! The staff were very pleasant. Loved having Perkins right there.

• Stayed October 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2010

I booked the hotel because I thought it was the greates price for a very nice hotel (on the pictures). When my husband and I arrived there, we found out that everything that was told to us on a phone and what we booked was completely different. Instead of getting a smoking, king bed room for $110, we got a nonsmoking doble bed for $40 more! When I kindly asked the stuff to chagne the room for me, for the one that I booked, it seemed like it was the most difficult thing to do. Unfortunately, there was no more rooms that we originally booked. The room by itself was ok, but the bathroom was horrible. The floor was not sweapt properly, there was hair everywhere, and the bath tub was filthy. I would not reccomend for anyone to stay at the hotel. For the price that we paid I'm sure that there are much much nicer hotels out there!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ChiTownTraveler2017

Travelers are raving about these St. Catharines hotels

Wingham
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2009

The night person (Mr. Gay) was not very friendly and would not listen. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone with kids.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank HockeyMom20
Ontario
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2008

We dealt with a very kind check-in clerk, although there were problems with our reservation. Our reservation had been made in advance through a third party website (Skoosh.com). When we arrived to check in I was advised that they did not have our reservation and that the hotel was full for the evening. I was shocked by this because I had already been billed on my credit card for the full night's stay (92.50). I was advised this price was far too low for the hotel and that I must have been scammed by the third party website. They were unsuccessful locating my reservation even with the confirmation number provided.
She was kind enough to offer me a room that became available at a lower than the regular rate (which was still much more than I originally paid through Skoosh.com). This room, however, only had 1 bed and we needed two. They gave us a cot.

Therefore, the customer service was really friendly however I was inconvenienced and ended up with a smaller room -1 bed at a higher cost. I also had to figure out what to do about that 92.50 that was already charged to my credit card. At that point I was just happy to find a room because it was a busy Saturday night and most hotels in St. Catharines were full.

The next morning after we checked out I received a phone call from the same check in clerk - they HAD finally found our original reservation. It had been there all along.

Therefore, in the long run I only ended up being charged that 92.50 I had originally agreed to, however our room wasn't as nice as it should have been and we definitely would have appreciated the 2 beds that was requested in my original reservation.

All of that being said - the room was still nice. It was handy to be on the first floor and have a sliding door to the parking lot, as well. There are no parking fees.

• Liked — The friendliness/helpfulness of check in clerk
  • Disliked — Reservation not found
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank OntarioCritic
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2004

I went to this hotel in May 2004 hoping that it would suit my needs. It did not. The pool was not very good at all and the fitness room was a bit of a joke. I could look past all of that if they had not ripped me off. I spent the first 3 night at a rate of $95 or something near that. Then I had to postpone my stay in the city so I requested another night. They said it was fine and I went up to my room assuming that I'd be paying the same amount for my last night. Nope. When I checked out, it was a rate of $150. I complained but was in a rush. Needless to say that a hotel that does this to it's clients does not appreciate it's clients ant therefor i will not stay at any Howard Johnsons again. May sound harsh but they were already in my bad books.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Capri Inn
#1 of 7 in St. Catharines
Canadas Best Value Inn - St. Catharines
Four Points by Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites

Been to Days Inn St. Catharines Niagara? Share your experiences!