“Excellent customer service”

St. Catharines Niagara
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in St. Catharines
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I requested an early check-in. Since it was Easter weekend, it was understandable that the staff wasn't able to guarantee that there'd be a clean room but Debbie said she'd do her best. When I arrived at 11:30 a.m., a room was available. I was extremely grateful, as I'd travelled for four hours and needed to change and freshen up before a special event in the city that started at 1 p.m.
Debbie is a wonderful asset to Days Inn St. Catharines.
I was in room 527. It was comfortably sized with a king size bed, microwave and mini fridge.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank CaribbeanDiva

Reviewed March 15, 2013

My husband is from St Catharines and we had a funeral to attend. I had seen the Days Inn sign from the highway and I thought...good location, looks decent book it. So, I went online to the hotel site, Wyndham, and I looked for a room for four...my self, my daughters and my husband. I was surprised to see a bed and breakfast rate, Canadian Hotels are far behind American ones for offering a light breakfast. I was quite chagrined to discover that the "breakfast" means a $10.00 coupon for Perkins. this is not breakfast ...maybe a few cups of coffee, if we are lucky. Never again Days Inn and Wyndham ! This is not bed and Breakfast ! I don't know what this is. When I asked, the front desk told me the rate had been cancelled and they were surprised I got it. So, their mistake is my fault?

Earlier this week, i stayed at the Sleep Inn in Buffalo...half the rate, better room and a hot breakfast for all.

We almost booked the Best Western, selected Days Inn for breakfast...never again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mowher
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I really cannot say enough good things about this hotel or the excellent staff members. We lost our house in a fire on Feb 20th and needed emergency housing. Guest manager: Doroti Kiprovska Bojceva and her Co worker Debbie were VERY helpful and arranged for a room for our family for a few days and then a suite with a kitchenette a few days later. Roger in maitainance even provided us with a spray-bottle and rags to clean our personal items. The hotel is so clean and comfortable. We also have a dog, so with the hotel being pet friendly we saved the cost of boarding our dog also. My son who is 3yrs old just loves to greet the ladies with a smile and a wave when we pass the front desk. These ladies always take the time to smile, wave and ask us how we are doing everyday. They are truly amazing!

Room Tip: For an extended stay I recommend the suite with a kitchenette.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank TracyCrosby
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Everything was fine.Breakfast is not available at this location.I stay at this Hotel often and enjoy the friendly and always helpful staff.i have recommended this Hotel to several people when they are staying in the area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
1  Thank Phillip H
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Stayed at this hotel the entire month of October due to my work. Painfully endured 2 weekends when kids hockey teams and their obnoxious parents would overrun the hotel. Kids are kids, drunk parents being disruptive was different. Some hotel staff were sympathetic, others not so much.
Became sick after the 3rd day there. Moved to a different hotel in the area at the end of the month and my illness went away within the first 2 days.
I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Maggoo3193
Reviewed September 29, 2012

My wife and I and, two friends from the USA, spent September 20, 21, 22 at the Days Inn in St. Catharines to be close to the various winerys during the Wine Festival.

On receipt of our bill, we noticed a District Marketing Fee of $ 9.21 and a "Hotel Upkeep Fee" of $10.62 for our three day stay. These items are not mentioned when booking the room. Why are these not included in the room rate? What the hell is a "Hotel Upkeep Fee"? Is this not a normal part of doing business and therefore included in the room rate.

Our friends and, ourselves, spent over one thousand dollars in St. Catharines over three days. We will never visit that city nor, will we ever stay in a Days Inn again.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Norm W
innkeeperdaysinn, Guest Relations Manager at St. Catharines Niagara, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Thank you for choosing our Days Inn for your recent visit to St.Catharines for the Wine Festival. Our hotel is centrally located and close to all the Wineries in Niagara Region.
On all of the reservations channels only the room rate shows, but it states that additional charges may apply.
Same as most, if not all the hotels, there are some extra charges. The 5% DFF (Destination Facility Fee) was introduced in September. It is a cumulative of the 2% DMF (Destination Marketin Fee - provincial tourism tax) and 3% FF (Facility Fee - the hotel does not charge extra for parking or WiFi or access to the gym and the pool, newspapers e.t.c, instead there is the FF).
Upon check out we present all of our guests with the folio - the final bill for review and if there are questions we do our best to answer them.
We pride ourselves in having excellent customer service and we resolved the issue as soon as it was brought to our attention, hopefully to your satisfaction.

With appreciation,

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Enjoyed our stay. Golfing twice, several wine tastings at Pondview Estates, Trewn Wines and Rockway Glen Wine Estates . Ate at Rockway Glen and Treadwell Farm to table. Breakfast at Perkins. Great location.

• Stayed: September 2012
innkeeperdaysinn, Guest Relations Manager at St. Catharines Niagara, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2012

Dear Draconis1234,
Thank you for choosing the Days Inn St.Catharines for your recent visit to the beautiful Niagara Region. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.
Yours in Hospitality,

Capri Inn
#1 of 7 in St. Catharines
Canadas Best Value Inn - St. Catharines
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the...
#8 of 15 in Niagara-on-the-Lake

Been to St. Catharines Niagara? Share your experiences!