“A great night's stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in St. Catharines
Toronto
“A great night's stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2011

Our family stayed here for just one night while playing at a baseball tournament in Thorold. We booked this hotel because it was close, and had good reviews here...and we're glad we did. The check-in couldn't have been faster and friendlier, and the room was terrific. Clean, more than large enough for four of us, and it had free wi-fi and a room fridge. And having a Perkins next door was a bonus for breakfast! Our kids loved the indoor pool, too.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Recon905
AlanaHalford, Manager at Days Inn St. Catharines Niagara, responded to this review, August 19, 2011
We would like to thank you so very much for your kind review, our guest feedback is very important to us. We are thrilled to hear that you and your family had a memorable stay. I have passed on your positive comments regarding our Front Desk staff to our team. Our guests such as yourself often compliment us on our spacious rooms, the availability of our in room amenities, our pool and the fantastic meals at Perkins. Thank you for your honesty and we look forward to serving you again in the future.
Our Managment Team
Days Inn St. Catharines

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
London, Ontario
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2011

I stayed at the Days Inn for 3 days while on a business trip in the St. Catharines area. I picked the hotel because of it's amenities and location relative to the office I was working in.

Overall, the hotel was OK. Not the worst place I've ever stayed at. But, it is dated, in disrepair, and has a lot of issues with noise.

I experienced one major problem during my stay - the noise of a children's sports team staying on my floor. Nearly the entire floor was occupied by this rowdy bunch and front desk decided to put the solo business traveler at the end of the hall. There was a ridicules amount of noise from this team until about 2am. I complained to the coach/parents directly for a while to no avail. Eventually I complained to the front desk. The front desk clerk came up to the parents immediately and told them to quiet down. This was around 2am and was the last time I heard any noise. I was glad it was over, but seeing as I had to be up a 6am for work - 2am is waaaaay too late. I complained the next morning and requested my next 2 nights be canceled. They said they couldn't cancel my stay and agreed to switch my rooms. However, that team left that day and the switch wasn't needed. To make up for my inconvenience the hotel gave me a $20 voucher for the restaurant. It's doesn't make up for lost sleep, but it was a nice gesture.

PROS: Very friendly, knowledgeable and responsive staff; very clean rooms; great housekeeping staff; Internet was easy to set up and relatively fast; very convenient location.

CONS: rooms need updating and maintenance (my room had 'chips' in wall paper, loose trim, and a few stains on the wall); the doors are very noisy and in dire need of $1 noise dampeners to keep the 'slamming' down; no convenient power outlet for electronic devices around the desk; there is no 'internal' hallway to the restaurant - you have to leave the building to go to the on-site restaurant; the food at the restaurant was bland and poorly prepared.

Overall this place was pretty mediocre. Not bad, but not great. It's not the best hotel in the area for business travelers. If it wasn't for the staff, I'd probably have harsher words for this hotel...

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank ASGLondon

Travelers are raving about these St. Catharines hotels

Tilbury, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2011

The front desk for very helpful and friendly, had a nice queen bedroom, but could hear the hallway noises. Bed was comfy and room was very clean. Nice bathroom, shower. Good place to stay for the money.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2010

I visited the Days Inn St. Catharines, while I was on my way to Buffalo. I was flying out of Buffalo to go to Orlando and decided to spend one night in St. Catharines on my way to Florida. I found this hotel to be very clean, and conveniently located off the Q.E.W. They have also opened a new gym facility which was very nice to work out in. I recommend this property to anyone travelling to the area.

Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Pickering, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2010

Stayed with a group and the hotel went out of their way to keep our rooms together, even with all of our requests! The staff were very pleasant. Loved having Perkins right there.

• Stayed October 2010
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2010

I booked the hotel because I thought it was the greates price for a very nice hotel (on the pictures). When my husband and I arrived there, we found out that everything that was told to us on a phone and what we booked was completely different. Instead of getting a smoking, king bed room for $110, we got a nonsmoking doble bed for $40 more! When I kindly asked the stuff to chagne the room for me, for the one that I booked, it seemed like it was the most difficult thing to do. Unfortunately, there was no more rooms that we originally booked. The room by itself was ok, but the bathroom was horrible. The floor was not sweapt properly, there was hair everywhere, and the bath tub was filthy. I would not reccomend for anyone to stay at the hotel. For the price that we paid I'm sure that there are much much nicer hotels out there!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ChiTownTraveler2017
Wingham
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2009

The night person (Mr. Gay) was not very friendly and would not listen. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone with kids.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Capri Inn
#1 of 7 in St. Catharines
Canadas Best Value Inn - St. Catharines
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the...
#8 of 15 in Niagara-on-the-Lake
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,212 reviews

Been to Days Inn St. Catharines Niagara? Share your experiences!