Best Western St. Catharines Hotel & Conference Centre
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$61
$59
Capri Inn(St. Catharines)(Great Value!)
$70
$93
Comfort Inn(St. Catharines)(Great Value!)
$78
$101
$80
FourPoints.com
The Inn at Lock Seven(Thorold)(Great Value!)
$89
White Oaks Conference Resort & Spa(Niagara-on-the-Lake)(Great Value!)
$118
$115
Hotels.com
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake(Niagara-on-the-Lake)(Great Value!)
$105
$96
St. Catharines Niagara(St. Catharines)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsoutdoor poolmini puttniagara fallshot tubwingsroom was cleansports barearly checkair conditioneryogurtconvenient locationeasy accessqew highwayminute driveniagara areabwst
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Stayed in an Executive King Room, room was clean & adequate. Dinner was poor, pulled pork was stone cold, & there was no dessert on offer. Breakfast was even poorer, when I booked on the Best Western website it indicated a Full Hot Breakfast was included. However, the only "hot" items were scrambled eggs, sausages (which were warm at best), and make your own waffles. Poor selection of cereals, canned fruit, nasty coffee. In addition, late at night a group of teens, staying in the hotel, were playing hockey with a puck in the car park, very close to my car. I was concerned and spoke to the front desk clerk, who advised me they were playing with a tennis ball. Now, I have only been in Canada for 9 years, but I can tell the difference between a puck & a tennis ball. Eventually the clerk said she would send the night porter out to check & when I returned outside a little later, the teens were no longer there & thankfully my car was fine. Check out was a nightmare, I was in a hurry & although I was the only person checking out at this time the process was very slow and the staff did not seem to know how to return my deposit to my debit card, so I had to take cash instead, which was inconvenient.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank charlie743
Adrian N, General Manager at Best Western St. Catharines Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Thank you for your recent management response. On behalf of management and staff, we apologize for not meeting and exceeding your expectations. Your experience in our restaurant was unacceptable. We've recently introduced hot continental breakfast to all our guests and are striving to improve our quality and variety. Our team continually strives to make our guests satisfaction #1! Please contact me directly at Adrian.nitso@honhotels.com so we can discuss your experience further. We hope you would consider us again in the near future to see the changes we are applying to our operations.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Maybe we came at a bad time - the hotel is booked with junior hockey players running up and down the corridors; and hockey parents just chatting loudly you could hear them miles away. Not a convenient business hotel, I believe. So check before booking if there's a big contingent of hockey people coming in. The gym is good though, much better than other hotel gyms in its class.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Adrian N, General Manager at Best Western St. Catharines Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. On behalf of management and staff, we apologize for not meeting and exceeding your expectations. During any evening at our hotel, we try to take into consideration all our guests and ensure a pleasant stay for everyone and we did not deliver on this. During sporting events in area, our Manager on Duty regularly checks hallways to ensure noise or interruptive behaviour is removed. We're glad you enjoyed the facilities and our Reflexion Fitness is a huge hit with business travellers! We hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

,very clean and the front lobby was very nice the rooms were clean and the beds where really comfortable. T he pool area was clean and decorated nicely and comfortable seating.The staff were very nice.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Robert J
Adrian N, General Manager at Best Western St. Catharines Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Thank you for your recent review on trip advisor. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Look forward to seeing you soon again.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

This location is not what it was when it was on the Lake Ontario shore. This hotel is old and needs updating. The location is along QE and in the midst of shopping-Costco,etc.i don't think it is a 3-star hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank elle328

Thank you for your recent review. On behalf of management and staff, we apologize for not exceeding your expectations during your stay with us. The hotel on Lake Ontario is a separate hotel all together and not affiliated. Guest enjoy our extensive 10,000sq ft fitness centre, on site Sports Bar and beautiful courtyard to relax and unwind. Please contact me directly as I would love to speak to you directly to correct any issues you had. Please email me Adrian.nitso@honhotels.com. Thank you!

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Great easy location right of of the highway. Rooms are average but very clean and comfortable if a tad worn at the edges. Bathroom could use a slight update in the tub shower area. A little noisy at night probably due to the on site sports bar. But hey it depends what your looking for.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms have patio doors right at parking. That is great for convenience slightly concerning for security if your traveling Alone
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you soon again.