Best Western St. Catharines Hotel & Conference Centre
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$61
$59
$93
Capri Inn(St. Catharines)(Great Value!)
$70
Comfort Inn(St. Catharines)(Great Value!)
$78
$101
$80
FourPoints.com
The Inn at Lock Seven(Thorold)(Great Value!)
$89
White Oaks Conference Resort & Spa(Niagara-on-the-Lake)(Great Value!)
$118
$115
Travelocity
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake(Niagara-on-the-Lake)(Great Value!)
$105
$96
GardenInn.com
St. Catharines Niagara(St. Catharines)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsoutdoor poolmini puttniagara fallshot tubwingsroom was cleansports barearly checkair conditioneryogurtconvenient locationeasy accessqew highwayminute driveniagara areabwst
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Excuse dates on the pics, I changed the batteries of m camera and did not reset the date......My only advise is that if you choose this hotel ask to be in the newer rooms. I purchased this hotel on Priceline.com and it was advertised a 3 star hotel. Based on pics I saw on the hotels website, I was excited to check in. Upon checking in, a deposit was required (even though my trip was paid in full). We were then given the keys to our room and upon entering the room, I could not believe it. The smell of some strong chemical was in there as if they were trying to mask some type of odor. Spider webs and dusty/lamp shades were the amenities in the room. The room had a "patio"l which actually opened to the sidewalk. The curtain that led to the patio was unclean. The restrooms in both the new and old rooms are VERY small, so much so that it is very hard to use the restroom with the door closed. The bathroom vent fan did not work. The toilet and sink sit very low. Even in the "newer" rooms I'd say it is a 1 1/2 star hotel at best. (if that rating even exists). I immediately contacted Priceline.com to tell them of this and they recommended I speak to the hotel management immediately. The management team was very understanding and did transfer me to a different room which was much better, but still not the 3 star quality as advertised. The highlight of the hotel is actually the indoor and outdoor pool, fitness center and the breakfast we enjoyed at the onsite restaurant. The restaurant had a breakfast special for under $7.00 and was very filling. Also the staff in the restaurant were very nice. In writing this, please note that the hotel staff were excellent and tried to accommodate us as much as possible, my complaint is more with the quality of this hotel in particular, in which I plan on writing the Best Western Hotel chain as well.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Adrian N, General Manager at Best Western St. Catharines Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our property on Tripadvisor. On behalf of myself and all of the staff I sincerely apologize that your stay was not to your satisfaction. It is our goal to ensure that each and every guest leaves our property with the ability to say that we met or exceeded their expectations and we clearly failed to achieve that during your visit. If you could please contact me directly at 905-934-8000 or via email at adrian.nitso@honhotels.com to discuss your issues in detail I would more than appreciate that so we can resolve the issue to your satisfaction.
Regards,

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel many times when visiting Niagara Falls and the Ontario wine country. Its interior courtyard belies the fact that one is in the midst of a busy commercial area. It has two pools, one inside, and the rooms are clean and comfortable. Last time we had adjoining rooms with family members, which was fun for the children.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Adrian N, General Manager at Best Western St. Catharines Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor! Everyone loves our interior courtyard as it is a hidden gem in the region. Having all the cities amenities including Costco, Fairview Shopping Centre, over 10 restaurants within walking distance and central location to all Niagara's attractions and wineries, we are a perfect hotel to experience it all! Look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

If this was a 2 or 2.5 star hotel, would have given it a very good rating. Hotel looks old, but the rooms were clean, location is very close to QEW and drive to niagara falls is 15-20 mins. Wifi was free, but very slow. Parking was free. Didn't use the pool or the restaurant inside the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We continually strive to update our property on a regular basis in order to exceed customers expectations. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

The hotel is located near a busy highway but the noise was not a factor for us - you want to make sure your room is facing the courtyard. It is convenient to many restaurants and shopping. The rooms were clean and was a reasonable value for the price. Priceline rated it 3 stars which is is more like 2-1/2. Parking is free and the beds were comfortable.

Room Tip: Make sure you face the courtyard
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Adrian N, General Manager at Best Western St. Catharines Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor. Our Courtyard rooms are very popular and book up fast! Based on our features and amenities which include a full service restaurant opened for breakfast, lunch and dinner, 10,000 sq ft fitness centre with indoor and outdoor pool, and conference space, AAA and other online websites rate our hotel as a 3 star. We hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I arrived late and didn't have a reservation. Kyle immediately made me feel welcome and efficiently checked me in. The indoor and outdoor pool both look lovely. I didn't have time to enjoy them this trip but plan to on a longer visit in August.

While the hotel's hallways and rooms are fairly standard, the pools, mini-golf putting greens and the warmth and helpfulness of the staff raise this place to a higher level.

I suspect this will become my "go to" hotel when I'm doing business in this area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Adrian N, General Manager at Best Western St. Catharines Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Thank you for your Trip Advisor review. Glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Kyle is a great part of our team and we will definitely share these comments with the entire team. It's well deserved. Please let me know if I can assist with booking your next stay with us. Please contact me directly, Adrian.nitso@honhotels.com. Look forward to seeing you in August!