This was NOT a good experience. Regarding the room, there is no ventilator in the bath room, so the towels of the morning shower or beach towels are all wet at the end of the day. That also caused the room to be very humid and some smell of humidity from the back of the bead. Other than that the room was clean.
The electronic card to open the room was not even working half of the time. People of our group got equiped with 2 keys to prevent this but even 2 keys were not working. The best was to have reinitialize your key every time you were coming back to the hotel. Keeping them away of your cell as suggested did not do it.
The restaurant was often out of items from the menu. Even when told at the beginning of the meal that there were few peach pies left there were none by the time I ordered it even if I had asked to reserve one at the beginning of the meal. The other 3 tables did not take this desert (I checked since the others were part of our group or still eating their entries). Where did these pies went if they were offered at the beginning of my meal and even after my salad !!!
On Saturday morning while I was invited to enter the restaurant at 6:30. The hotel manager and restaurant staff were arguing should it open at 6:30 or 7:00. I was then either locked out with my juice already served at my table, or locked in with my personnal things at the table in the corridor.
When asking the front desk for directions to get to the rental car office I was just told that they did not know. Not offering to look on the internet for the street adress and map.
While we had made arrangements for the room price, at departure the cost of the room was not what we had agreed on. I had a drink charged to my room and what not showing on my bill. Friends also had food from the restaurant not charged on their bill. There was also the extra Planet Energy charge that I did not even bother to ask what it was, being so desperate that there was nothing to do with that hotel.
What happens with that hotel !!! It seemed as it is run by students at their first job. Good location, clean, good food when available but don't expect more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On your St. Catharines-Niagara Falls vacation getaway, visit the Best Western St Catharines hotel for your Niagara Falls vacation or business trip. Centrally located only ten minutes from the Niagara Falls as well as close to area businesses and Niagara-area attractions and wineries. Corporate guests can easily get to area meetings in St. Catharines, Ontario thanks to our hotel's location near General Motors, Welland Canal, Niagara College and Brock University. We make it easy to do business by providing free Wi-Fi Internet access, rooms designed for business guests and meeting rooms with over 4,000 sq. ft. of flexible space and full catering services. Few hotels offer the friendly service our staff provides to every guest and your pets. Families love us because our hotel's location is near Niagara Falls and area attractions, including Old Port Dalhousie, the Shaw Festival, Skylon Tower and Niagara wineries. Our hotel's guests can easily enjoy local tours, golf courses, shopping and museums in St. Catharines, Niagara-on-the-lake and Niagara Falls, Ontario. The BEST WESTERN St. Catharines Hotel and Conference Centre's amenities are the region's best. You can enjoy both an indoor and a seasonal, outdoor pool. Reflexions fitness centre is available on site, and includes daily water aerobics for adults, as well as steam rooms. Enjoy the private courtyard area which is great for kids as they love our mini-golf course. Relax after a long work day at Wrigley's Sports Bar for bite to eat or catch a game on anyone of over 20 flat screen TVs that surround the restaurant. We look forward to your visit! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline and Best Western so you can book your BEST WESTERN St Catharines Hotel & Conference Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western St. Catharines Hotel St. Catharines
- Holiday Inn St Catharines
- St. Catharines Holiday Inn
- BEST WESTERN St Catharines Hotel & Conference Centre St. Catharines, Ontario