“A delightful stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Claremont, California
“A delightful stay”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Our family of four stayed three nights at Cedar Suite and found it to be delightful. The Heritage Suite provided plenty of space and was clean and welcoming. Our boys loved having their own room and the kitchenette and lounge area gave the space a feeling of home, something you can't get in a hotel. Della and Bob were gracious hosts and helped make our stay wonderful. Breakfasts, served on the patio, were delicious and Della generously accommodated our dietary needs and preferences. This is a perfect place to enjoy some quiet time away from the bustle of Toronto and Niagara Falls, and close enough for day trips to either city. We would recommend Cedar Suite to anyone planning a visit to this part of Ontario.

Room Tip: The Heritage Suite is perfect for a family or group traveling together.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank AA14

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
pittsburgh
Reviewed April 22, 2012

We had the opportunity to stay Cedar Suite and its true when staying somewhere you have not stayed before, you are taking a risk. Will it be clean? Will it be comfortable? Well, Cedar Suite far exceeded my expectations and all uncertainty was quickly put to rest. Let me start by saying, it is immaculate. As we are a group of five, we stayed in their two bedroom suite. Very roomy! We had our own entrance, as does the other available room. The beds and wonderful bedding were very comfortable. We were served our absolutely delicious breakfasts in suite. Wow! Homemade muffins ( the banana choc chip was my favorite!!),homemade bread, toasted, fresh fruit salad, variety of cereals, orange juice, hot beverages, and lastly,with every day something different, a hot course. I personally loved the quiche. The location, I feel, is ideal for anyone. I believe its about 14 miles to the falls and those attractions. Ten minutes, maybe a bit more? It was nice to back away, to a quite area. Let me end this by saying Della and Bob are wonderful hosts. My two children aged 7 and 9 ,as most children, are quite active. We were supplied boxes of interesting toys to borrow and this helped to entertain them while we were not out and about. The gardens look as if they will be beautiful, in spring/summer. We were a bit early for that. Lastly, my kids request I mention Benji. My daughter caught sight of him while I had a door open. Well, I understand her reaction! He is adorable. He just looks so cute and he is a very sweet tempered dog. Let me also mention, in my 5 nights there, had I not seen him that time, I could easily never had known he was there. Well, I could continue, but let me end by saying, thank you Della and Bob for being great hosts and helping in making our stay great!!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Exeter, Devon
Reviewed April 10, 2012

We were so thrilled that this b&b was as good as previous reviews indicated.

Bob and Della are wonderful, friendly hosts. Breakfasts are a-mazing! The accommodation was immaculate, shower room/bathroom was a really good size and the most comfortable bed I think we've ever slept on - and we've travelled a good deal!

The location is excellent for touring the Niagara region and St Catherines. I'd have no hesitation in recommending the Cedar Suite as a great place to base your holiday or visit in this area.

Room Tip: We stayed in the king size room but understand the family unit is every bit as comfortable if there...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Sarnia, Canada
Reviewed August 15, 2011

It was our first time staying in a bed & breakfast. We went to Niagara on the Lake with another couple to try wine tasting. I can't say enough good things about staying here. As there were 4 of us there were two rooms (one had 2 single beds) & we had the whole front of the house to ourselves. The breakfast was a wonderful variety over looking there backyard in a screened in porch. It was just lovely. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2011

We stayed for one night with our two girls and it was the nicest B&B we have ever stayed at. It was wonderfully spacious, clean, stylish, and comfortable. The breakfast was fabulous as were Bob and Della. Our girls loved staying and we would recommend it to anyone staying in or around St.Catherine's

• Stayed July 2011
London, Canada
Reviewed February 25, 2011

We experienced very friendly and helpful service. We stayed in the 2 bedroom-ed suite with the kitchenette. It was very clean and well presented. The kitchenette had everything we needed to cook one night. Overall, it was perfect for our stay. Great breakfasts.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
St. Catharines, Canada
Reviewed January 11, 2011

My wife and I stayed for one night in their newly renovated "King suite". It was perfect. Immaculately clean, comfortable bed, gorgeous all new bathroom, and all very tastefully decorated. We had a separate entrance as we were out late that night for dinner, and could come and go with no inconveniences to anybody. And if the accommodations weren't perfect enough, the breakfast was even better. All around the best B&B experience we have ever had.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DCBoss
Also consider these accommodations in or near St. Catharines
Capri Inn
#1 of 7 in St. Catharines
Comfort Inn
#4 of 7 in St. Catharines
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the...
#9 of 15 in Niagara-on-the-Lake
Fairview - Facer
Days Inn St. Catharines Niagara
Days Inn St. Catharines Niagara
#5 of 7 in St. Catharines

Been to Cedar Suite Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!