“Clean and Comfortable”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in St. Catharines
Holland Landing
“Clean and Comfortable”
Reviewed April 26, 2010

We spent a weekend at the Capri Inn. We awoke to see our room looked out over a nice lawn and the river. It was so peaceful and surreal.

The beds were extremely comfortable. The rooms were spotless. Everything was perfect. The free breakfast coffee and muffins was very convenient.

The owners were very friendly and accommodating. I would recommend this hotel to anybody looking for good value.

We will definitely be back!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Hamilton, ON
Reviewed April 16, 2010

I booked online last minute and got a great rate. The hotel is right off the highway on Ontario Street and about a block away from where my meetings were scheduled. When I arrived, some of the units were undergoing some renovation and part of the parking lot was cordoned off but there was still plenty of parking.

My room was on the second level and to my surprise the very large window faced out on a lake/river. Beautiful sunset and a very peaceful view over the water. The walls are solid and I did not hear any noise from the highway, other rooms or the parking lot.

Standard amenities, queen bed was ultra comfortable, everything was sparkling clean. My stay included breakfast but I was out and gone by 6am so missed out on it.

I was pleasantly surprised by the level of service and the quality of the room

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Ontario
Reviewed March 20, 2010

Booked the wife here while attending a course at Brock U, based on reviews and price. She advises it was just as advertised. Very clean, excellent value, run by nice family who cares about their patrons. Can't get much better than that, can you?

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Canada
Reviewed February 14, 2010

The hotel's right on the QEW, which is tremendously convenient. And our room had a great view of the pond behind the hotel, and of the QEW bridge across it, which was pretty.

But the hotel was pretty noisy (we had noisy neighbours, in particular, who were still making noise at 2 AM), and "breakfast" is not, in fact, a muffin from a convenience store and coffee from the kind of machine I avoided when I was a college student.

There are a lot of hotels in this stretch of the QEW on Niagara; I think one should be able to do better.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Toronto
Reviewed February 2, 2010

Convenient: right off the highway.
Staff: nice but a little surreal.
Room: cinder block walls, painted. Dirty old carpet, used to be for smokers.
Free breakfast: A muffin (or butter tart!) in cellophane and coffee from a vending machine.
I'm a veteran of bargain hotels and this one was disappointing considering these reviews! You can get equal or better value elsewhere. The room felt & smelled dirty. The cinder-block walls didn't help. The staff really talked up the breakfast, so when I saw the bowl of never-spoil muffins I had to laugh. I won't recommend this to friends or family.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank bladzig
mississauga, ontario
Reviewed November 2, 2009

Absolutly loved this inn. My girlfriend was getting married and being a matron of honour funds were tight for our accomidations. Looked around for prices and recomendations of some from people who have stayed in St. Catherines before.

AND for the PRICE this place was above and beyond.

Loved the fact the walls in the rooms were concreate. No thin walls hearing the neighbours talking. BUT the glass to each room was not the greatest. Heard peoples conversations when they walked for breakfast. BUT with our young kids we were already awake.

So close to everything we needed for the wedding was Surprising. LOVED that it is right beside the highway, YET you dont hear the noise.

The only downfall, keeping 2 young girls entertained in the room for the morning leading to the wedding was apparently trying on my husband and sister. BUT the girls enjoyed running from front of room to back of room. BUT thats not a downfall on the hotel by any means.

AND the bes was super comfy. I'm very hard to please when it comes to Hotel bedding. Usually I never get a restful sleep when away. Not sure if it was the lack of sleep the night before or the long da.y BUT I'm quite certain the bed played a great hand in me sleeping like my baby.

Dont miss this gem on the side of the highway.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
thornhill
Reviewed October 29, 2009

This hotel is very conveniently located right off the highway.

The room was exceptionally clean and well decorated. Bathroom facilities were bright and clean with lots of towels..

The front desk staff was friendly and quick... We would stay there again..

aram

Fairview - Facer
Days Inn St. Catharines Niagara
Days Inn St. Catharines Niagara
#5 of 7 in St. Catharines
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the...
#9 of 15 in Niagara-on-the-Lake

Been to Capri Inn? Share your experiences!