“Fantastic”
Review of Capri Inn

Capri Inn
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in St. Catharines
Reviewed June 8, 2013

For the price, this is about as good as it gets.

Made the reservation online, and the manager (owner?) was very friendly and helpful when I called a couple days ahead to verify my reservation and to ask if there were open rooms for additional nights if I needed them. She was Vietnamese with a strong accent, but if on the phone just make sure you don't have a bunch of background noise and you should be able to communicate. Check in was fine. She was very friendly when I asked for a late checkout (which she gave me) and when I came back later to ask for an additional key.

The room was very clean and had very good locks on the door. The decor was a bit odd to be honest, but still very nice in a quirky kind of way. It was a very comfortable single queen bed with nice sheets and comforter. Plenty of space with a couch and coffee table. Bedside table with telephone. A long dresser of drawers, with a large flat screen TV on top and premium cable. Some other shelves and cubbies on the wall. There was a huge mirror on the wall next to the bed. Included a microwave, refrigerator (make sure you plug it in), hairdryer, iron, ironing board, safety box, coffee machine, a wake up service (which I used) and free wi-fi (which I also used and was pleased with. also, if you needed it, they have a guest computer in the lobby). The bathroom was very nice and spacious. I honestly didn't use it (yes, I shower, but did so at a nearby friend's place whose house I would be staying at the rest of the week :) Anyways, everything in the bathroom looked very nice and clean. It was incredibly quiet all night. It was kind of hot when I arrived, but I turned on the AC and it cooled down quickly. Supposedly there is a garden and river with picnic tables behind the motel, but I never went back there. My sole issue was that when I went for the complimentary breakfast, aside from OJ and coffee, all they had was individually bagged muffins. Now, I went a bit later in the morning (9:30-ish?) so it is possible that they had doughnuts or pastries earlier, I don't know. Regardless, it really wasn't a big deal, but you might just want to try going a bit earlier to see if they have more options available.

The room (single queen) was $80 for one night before sales tax.They accept AAA, though I forgot to ask and only noticed this on my way out. As I said, I thought I might need an additional night, and the manager was very good about keeping me updated on the remaining room availability for the next night. I didn't need it, but appreciated her friendliness about it. I can't think of a single thing they could have improved on. The Capri Inn is the gold standard for motels in this price range. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed at the Capri Inn last Friday night and the property was everything that your reviewers said that it would be.
We were very happy with the property and will stay there again. We checked in in the afternoon and were happy with the room. When we came back to the room around 6 we discovered a Bus parked on the property everywhere and we thought on No what have we got ourselves into.
The two owners had the procedures in place there was No noise from the bus load of quite respectful teenagers, what a pleasure

1  Thank caledonia2
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Clean, updated, quiet, great location, comfortable beds and friendly staff with a fantastic price. I'm not sure why anyone would stay at a higher price hotel in St. Catharines. I looked at the main chain hotels one exit over and they were twice the price. I really have nothing at all bad to say about the Capri Inn and highly recommend it to all travelers.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back have a view of the pond
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Really nice management greeted us. Our room was large and clean. The bedding was comfortable. The whole facility is nicely maintained and is situated very conveniently for Henley or access to nearby Niagara.

Don't mistake my five star review for a suggestion hat this is a five star hotel... It is a 3 star hotel at best. But what you get for the money makes this a five star value.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay again or recommend.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here overnight prior to her tour of Brock University. The front desk service was wonderful, our room was spotless and the value for what we paid was great. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 25, 2013

we stayed there for 2 days fishing trip on great Ontario Lake. Rooms are cleans and comfortable. Mary at the front desk is very nice. We were feeling at home. Room as everything we needed: fridge, flat screen tv, table and chairs. Location is great, close to Niagara on the lake. Nice place for short stays....

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We travelled with one other couple and had booked the Capri Inn based on reviews. We were not disappointed. Mary at the front desk has a permanent smile on her face and makes you feel very welcome. She set us up in two rooms overlooking the river where we could watch swans and ducks from our bedroom window. The room was sparkling clean and the bed was more comfortable than my bed at home! The snack style breakfast was fine with us, orange or apple juice and muffin or pastry. If you want more than that there are restaurants around or McDonalds for coffee and a small breakfast. We walked to Jack Astors for dinner, just 5 minutes away which is handy if you've had a few glasses of wine while sitting at the picnic table at the Capri. All in all a great find to stay and we'll definitely be back.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St. Catharines
Comfort Inn
#4 of 7 in St. Catharines
Fairview - Facer
Days Inn St. Catharines Niagara
Days Inn St. Catharines Niagara
#5 of 7 in St. Catharines
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the...
#8 of 15 in Niagara-on-the-Lake

Been to Capri Inn? Share your experiences!