For the price, this is about as good as it gets.
Made the reservation online, and the manager (owner?) was very friendly and helpful when I called a couple days ahead to verify my reservation and to ask if there were open rooms for additional nights if I needed them. She was Vietnamese with a strong accent, but if on the phone just make sure you don't have a bunch of background noise and you should be able to communicate. Check in was fine. She was very friendly when I asked for a late checkout (which she gave me) and when I came back later to ask for an additional key.
The room was very clean and had very good locks on the door. The decor was a bit odd to be honest, but still very nice in a quirky kind of way. It was a very comfortable single queen bed with nice sheets and comforter. Plenty of space with a couch and coffee table. Bedside table with telephone. A long dresser of drawers, with a large flat screen TV on top and premium cable. Some other shelves and cubbies on the wall. There was a huge mirror on the wall next to the bed. Included a microwave, refrigerator (make sure you plug it in), hairdryer, iron, ironing board, safety box, coffee machine, a wake up service (which I used) and free wi-fi (which I also used and was pleased with. also, if you needed it, they have a guest computer in the lobby). The bathroom was very nice and spacious. I honestly didn't use it (yes, I shower, but did so at a nearby friend's place whose house I would be staying at the rest of the week :) Anyways, everything in the bathroom looked very nice and clean. It was incredibly quiet all night. It was kind of hot when I arrived, but I turned on the AC and it cooled down quickly. Supposedly there is a garden and river with picnic tables behind the motel, but I never went back there. My sole issue was that when I went for the complimentary breakfast, aside from OJ and coffee, all they had was individually bagged muffins. Now, I went a bit later in the morning (9:30-ish?) so it is possible that they had doughnuts or pastries earlier, I don't know. Regardless, it really wasn't a big deal, but you might just want to try going a bit earlier to see if they have more options available.
The room (single queen) was $80 for one night before sales tax.They accept AAA, though I forgot to ask and only noticed this on my way out. As I said, I thought I might need an additional night, and the manager was very good about keeping me updated on the remaining room availability for the next night. I didn't need it, but appreciated her friendliness about it. I can't think of a single thing they could have improved on. The Capri Inn is the gold standard for motels in this price range. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your Niagara home away from home. Capri Inn, Hotel located in St Catharines, Ontario. Capri Inn will make every effort to make your stay with us pleasant, enjoyable and comfortable. All room 100% non smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Capri Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Capri Hotel St. Catharines
- Capri Inn St. Catharines, Ontario