“Nice little family Italian restaurant- sad that it closed!”
Review of Vincenzo's House Of Fine Food - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Vincenzo's House Of Fine Food
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Always good food! Homemade pastas, excellent butter tarts. The lasagna was the best in town. Service is always good. It's been a favourite of mine for years!

Reviewed February 22, 2013

My husband & I both had the veal parm @ $22.00 each- my husband had roasted potatoes- NO veggies & I had the pasta. He was suppose to get veggies as per the menu .We were suppose to get house salad with our entre but we asked for a ceasar salad instead . The salad came on a little bread & butter side dish. We had one order of Tiramisu for dessert which had no flavor of coffee in it - had manadarin oranges on it and was frozen. I bit into cold ice. The worst dessert I have tasted @$6.00. The bill came & we were charged $ 3.00 extra for the ceasar salad. We were both dissappointed as we use to go there when we dated 43 years ago and thought it would bring back old memmories- certainly not the same. The veal was excellent but not worth the price to other good restaurants in town. We will not be going back. We like Cesiras/ Giovannis/Ubriacos etc for a nice evening out

Reviewed December 17, 2012

I went to this restaurant tonight with my granddaughters before seeing the skating show at the Essar. I have never been so dissapointed with a meal and the service was not great either. I was charged $3 for requesting gnocchi instead of regular pasta, fair enough. But when my g'daughter had to pay $3 for marinara sauce instead of meat sauce I was shocked. The chicken was very sparse and crispy(hard) for chicken parm. The presentation of the 2 pasta dishes was very bland, a bit of parsley sprinkled around would have made it look more attractive. It was busy when we were there but service was slow and other patrons who came in after us were served before us. In all, the price for 3 dinners ($89) was definitely not worth it and I will not return.

1  Thank CookieJean
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

This is a nice family restraurant or a date night just aboutanything. Atomosphere is nice, it feels like Italy. Directions are easy. Very convienent parking off alley behind rest. I love love the garlic toast and salsa type stuff that is always on table. The tarts are absolutely fantastic.

2  Thank bridgidblu
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I wrote a review a long while back on the great breakfasts you get here - and happy to report, just as good. However, can now do a lunch review - which I don't usually - but, the standard and quality was just so good, I have to! A friend and I had the lunch special, a cup of freshly made vegetable soup, with the Baron of Beef on a freshly baked Kaiser roll, with jus. Think with coffee, it was $9. The quality of everything was top notch and at such a reasonable price. I left with some freshly baked bread (excellent too) and some butter tarts, which went down well at home! Gem of a place.