“Very good food, service and value”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Solo Trattoria

Solo Trattoria
Cuisines: Italian, Canadian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Memphis, Tennessee
“Very good food, service and value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

We went there in between lunch and dinner and the restaurant was empty, so keep that in perspective when I say the service was good. But it was.

The (free) bread is delicious and they also brought some baked garlic (very properly prepared and light on your tummy!!!) and butter with it, and we ordered bruschetta, which is the North America version of Bruschetta (not the real Italian one, which is usually make of sliced Italian bread, and this one looked like a pizza with less ingredients). We also ordered pizza and gnocchi and both were rich. Bottom line we ordered too much food for 2, but we took home enough for 2 meals.

Definitely we will be going back.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Cannuck1964

St. Joseph Island, Canada
“Great restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

A friend and I recently ate at Solo Trattoria. Both the food and service were excellent. I would recommend this restaurant if you want a relaxing night out. A former student is a waiter there. Hope he is working the next time I go.

• Visited October 2013
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“not prepared for full house”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

On a recent lunch visit the restaurant was almost full with 2 larger parties, one of about 16 and the rest of the tables of 8, 4 or less. We waited a very long time for any service and over an hour for any food. The food when it arrived was good but the front of the house appeared to be understaffed and the kitchen was backlogged. My feeling is that if a restaurant is not prepared to handle a full house they need to add more staff in front and in the ktichen.

• Visited November 2013
Windsor, ON
“Stumbled upon...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

My friends and I have been coming to SSM for a few years now, mainly for the Hounds hockey games. We come see our hometown team play in SSM a few times a year. Until this weekend, we had always gone to a specific pub/restaurant in town. However, that place was no longer an option, so we looked around for a place to eat.

We asked a few people on the street... "where should we go?" This was the spot most said was legit. It's not the most appealing place from the outside, with a rather plain exterior, but it's legit inside.

They get busy on the weekends. When we walked in, we were told "unless you have a reservation, you can only sit at the bar tonight. Sorry." We had just enough in our group to fit at the bar, however, so that's what we did.

The staff was very attentive, professional, and talkative. One of them even commented on my hat, which I didn't expect (it's not exactly a common toque).

Drinks were great - not the best selection, but what can you do?

Food - true Italian all the way. This is not a "I want pub food" place. I like my wings/fish/fries/etc before a hockey game. I got one of the three, haha. The fish was outstanding, though, so credit where it's due. We all seemed to enjoy our meals.

Prices - A bit more than we'd have liked to pay. Expect $30-40 a person for entree + drink. It's not abnormal for the right crowd, which is fine, but it's not going to be for the everyday crowd.

Here's reality - it's a solid place, if you are in the mood for this type of atmosphere/food. It's NOT a pub, it's NOT a quick meal, and it's NOT easy on the wallet. It's a nice, sit down and eat with family for an occasion style place. That said, it's also one of the few places near the Essar Center to go. Bring a few bucks, leave a bit of time, and enjoy yourself before the Hounds games.

Would I go back? Under the right circumstances, sure. Before a game? I don't know. I did enjoy myself, though.

• Visited October 2013
Sarnia, Canada
“Excellent Service & Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

Had dinner here a couple of weeks ago and it was fantastic. I had the Veal Chop and it was just excellent, done to perfection, juicy and tender, served with pasta. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone, it was a real find in Sault Ste. Marie.

• Visited September 2013