“Okay experience”

Swiss Chalet Rotisserie & Grill
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Since our doors first opened in 1954, Canadian families have been coming back to Swiss Chalet generation after generation. Our rotisserie ovens only accept fresh (never frozen), grain-fed, Canadian Grade A chickens, because quality is all we know. So what will it be? A Quarter Chicken with fries?
Sudbury
“Okay experience”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

We ate here for lunch while we visiting from out of town. We arrived as the doors were opening at 11:30 am and I went to wash my hands in the bathroom. Imagine my disgust when we arrived at opening and the bathrooms were filthy! The floors, sinks, toilets were all dirty! The food was okay and our service was friendly. This location is looking tired and overall is not well maintained or clean. Hopefully someone will take notice and rectify!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Lunabella76

Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“going downhill”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

They were good, once upon a time. I would eat there fairly often. Since the restaurant has new owners the food quality and service have gone down, and the prices have gone way up.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Riboflavin
caledonia
“negative”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

The serving staff were not very friendly, maybe they were having a bad day. Had to wait to long for food to come to the table.Have been to several Swiss Chatet, and never had an exprience the bad.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank william b
Venice, FL
“Pricey and terrible service.”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We got there about 6:45 and service was dreadful. The fried haddock I had was decent and the half chicken that my husband had was not bad, but my sweet potato fries had sat around too long and were limp as were his fries in his poutine. In spite of intercepting the waitress to remind her that she had not brought my roll, (which based on the delay, possibly in the kitchen, she should have brought while we were waiting) was finally delivered AFTER the check and long after we had finished eating. The manager made a small price concession when she couldn't successfully scan the credit card so we could leave. Never again! Its not the kind of place you go for leisurely dining. Its nothing but a glorified fast food restaurant with terrible service and prices that Americans will find high for what you get.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Sharon Z
Marathon, Canada
“As good as I expected.”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We have eaten in over a half a dozen different Swiss Chalets across Ontario over the years. Haven't found a bad one yet. We have been to this one before I started doing "tripadvisoring". (I think I just made a new word, lol). We were greeted right away, shown to our table, and waited on by Deandra. But... They were extremely busy and it took over half an hour to get our meals; fortunately, we were not in a hurry (patience should be shown when situations like this happen). Deandra was run ragged and our meals still arrived HOT and tasty. It was still an enjoyable visit to this Swiss Chalet.

• Visited October 2013