“Large sub style sammys and pizza”

Fratelli's Kitchen & Pizzaria
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Helsinki, Finland
“Large sub style sammys and pizza”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

This had a typical local diner feel to it, with typical menu of Philly cheesesteaks, buffalo chicken subs, pizza, etc. The pricing was alright, the salad nothing to write home about. Fine for a quick bite with a friend.

Visited August 2013

Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“Nice and Relaxing”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I went with friends for drinks and apps/desserts on the patio. It took quite a while for all of us to arrive, and even longer for us to look at the menu order as we had so much catching up to do! Our server never made us feel rushed and was very friendly! I think the food was a little slow coming out, considering it was just apps, but we didn't mind, since we were there to relax.
The patio was nice and had a decent balance between sun and shade. The chairs were a bit uncomfortable, but otherwise everything was good!

• Visited June 2013
Tony C, Manager at Fratelli's Kitchen & Pizzaria, responded to this review, March 20, 2016
Thanks for your review, hope to see you soon so we can turn a 4 star into a 5 star!
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“too expensive for what you get”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

went there for lunch, paid $10 for a sandwich that was on special, I assumed it came with a side of fries or something... nope, just a crappy dry meatball sandwich. Way too expensive!

• Visited January 2013
Canada
“Messed up pizza and Poor service”
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

We had bought their takeout pizza a number of times because it was close to home, and pretty fast. Usually pretty good pizza, although over-priced.
This time was the last straw.
Over cooked, and REALLY light on toppings. Decidedly worse than usual.
It takes a lot for me to actually call and complain, but we were so disappointed in our meal, and thought the management should know.
Here's the kicker. My call immediately gets passed to someone (like it happens a lot), who in a gruff manner says "ask for ME next time and I'll make sure you get enough toppings". I said "who are you?" He says "the owner". OK, nice to know (:
I couldn't believe my ears. No apology, no remorse. Heaven forbid an offer to replace the pizza! We chalked it up to the typical poor service attitude in the Sault.
But we'll never be back. Ever.

Los Angeles, California
“For the masses only”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Having viewed their menu about "authentic Italian" food I ordered a margherita pizza. Looking forward to pizza just like I had in Florence or at least a derivative of it, what I received after I sifted my way through the downmarket patrons (it's busy so it must be good right?) after paying $18 and told "thaaaaanks" in a nasally tone was overcooked card board dough that was probably frozen, next to no sauce, mozzarella from a package (not fresh) and no discernable flavour. Forget about fresh basil. It was even worse than a typical chain restaurant pizza. What they are peddling to the locals is embarrassing food that is definitely not Italian. What I don't understand is how this place functions in a town with an established Italian population. Perhaps this is not their demographic.

• Visited June 2012