“nice little spot”

Add it.
The Bean
Cuisines: Bar, Cafe
Reviewed December 27, 2012

free wi-fi... coffee not too bad considering there is a Tim's almost next door... nice comfy seating.... fairly good ambiance...

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Whenever I head home and plan to meet up with friends, the bean is my number one spot. It is comfortable and the staff is usually friendly. I'd love to see them roast their own beans and add more of an artisan touch to their establishment. A bit overpriced, comfy chairs, usually kind of loud because it is so busy - which is good. Far better than its neighbourly alternative!

I'll be back

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Yum - anything is better than Starbucks' bitter overpriced beans. This is a cozy coffee shop feel with just the right amount of choice.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

In a past career, I co-managed a coffeehouse in North Bay and have always wanted to open a new place. When I found out that a new friend of mine worked at the Bean, I knew that I would have to drop in and check it out. I can't comment on the server because we're friends and my opinion is tainted but I can speak from experience on the quality of the coffee, food and atmosphere.

The cappuccino was delicious and foamy. The breakfast wrap was delicious and hit the spot. The atmosphere is cozy, relaxing, not pretentious and would be a great place to catch an intimate musical act.

Sadly, to get my Bean fix, I would have to drive six hours return but the next time I'm in the Soo, I'm sure to visit!

Reviewed December 21, 2011

I am not a fan of Tim Hortons and when I am in teh Sault, I will go out of my way to get a flavoured coffee from the Steamy Bean.