“Huge Portions”

Sandro's Family Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian, Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Since 1979, Sandro's has been a Sault family favourite known for handmade Italian pasta dishes and North American comfort food. Whether you're craving traditional Italian food, like handmade ravioli, or something classic and hearty, like a double burger, Sandro's options are sure to satisfy even the pickiest of eaters, including your kids. Sandro's is open seven days a week serving breakfast, lunch and dinner to hungry locals and visitors. If you can't decide what to order, Sandro's also offers several buffet options, including a breakfast buffet on Saturday and Sunday. For days when you just don't feel like cooking but want that homestyle taste, takeout and delivery options -- including our famous pizza and wings -- are always a winning choice. Come on in, or place your order, and discover the dishes that have kept our customers coming back for decades!
Reviewed August 15, 2010

My husband and I shared an appetizer which was more than enough for two. When our dinner arrived we could not believe the portion size. I had the gnocchi and vegetarian tomato sauce. It was excellent but I could not eat it all. It actually was supposed to come with 2 huge meatballs which I asked them to forget about. I asked and was told the gnocchi is made there. My husband had pasta with sausage and chicken and 2 huge meatballs. He usually cleans his plate but was not able to this time. Another customer was eating a pastrami sandwich and he said it was really good. The spaghetti and meatballs at another table looked good too. Another huge portion. I did a review for the Pine Grove Motel where we stayed (just down the street) and mentioned a restaurant we ate at and I thought it was called Shonna's but it was this one. Maybe the name is not memorable or I have a bad memory. Anyway, it was great.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook