“Don't go here ....” 1 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“Don't go here ....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

Went to Presto's as I've been there before for breakfast and it was delicious. The parking lot was empty and there was only one other table in the restaurant. That should have been our first sign to get out. The menu had pictures of unappetizing food, I ordered the ribs, and a garden salad. The salad came out with lettuce that had gone bad, lettuce, and cucumbers. The salad dressing was clearly store bought. The salad came out with stale bread and butter too cold to spread.

The ribs were the worst I've ever had, and I'm a man who enjoys ribs. They were burned on the outside, and not cooked on the inside! I took one bight and had to spit it out in fear of being sick. The waitress asked why I haven't touched the ribs and I told her they were awful, she wasn't surprised. She didn't seem surprised and left the table to go speak with the 'cook'.

We had both finished so went to the front to pay and overheard the cook who I figure is the owner or manager and our waitress yelling at each other. The waitress returned to say "the chef said there's nothing wrong with the ribs he had just taken them out of the freezer and you have to pay for them".

I paid without a fuss, will not be returning. Will be calling the algoma health unit.

Someone should contact restaurant nightmares about this place.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Jeff B

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disgusting and rude...prepare for a stomach ache.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I we're starving and bored, so we decided to go out for dinner. Most of the big restaurants were packed because there was an event in the city at the time. We decided to here with my reccomendation. As a kid, my parents always ordered from here and I loved it. Bad bad bad mistake.

We walked in to a dead restaurant with all of two other tables seated. The waitress decided to put my boyfriend and I right BESIDE a family of 5 even though there was an entire restaurant full of tables to pick from.

From here I noticed that there were a bunch of filthy tables that nobody seemed to care about cleaning. I mean plates stacked and little bits of food all over. The restaurant was dead, why was nobody cleaning up?

From where I was sitting, I noticed a floor radiator caked in food and grease. Fire hazard much? In fact the whole floor was disgusting. The pictures in the menu was less than apetizing.

My boyfriend ordered a bottle of beer and I didn't order anything to drink. I figured if the front was that filthy, one can imagine what the kitchen looks like. His beer was completely flat. It made you sick just smelling it. I told him I wanted to leave, and I would not touch anything from this restaurant.

He brought his beer to the front and told the waitress it was flat. She replied 'no its not I just got it from the fridge'. And asked if he wanted another one. We declined and left.

For the sake of your health, please do not eat here.

• Visited August 2013
Sault Sainte Marie, Ontario, Canada
“Great Food : )”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

I love going to Presto's, my family and I go there often. The food is delicious and reasonably priced. The staff are always so friendly no matter how busy it gets. I would recommend this place to anyone.

Visited May 2013
“Reasonable Breakfast!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

We often stop on our way through Sault Ste. Marie, for an early morning breakfast! Good coffee, average breakfast. The major problem is the bathrooms are down the basement! Not terribly pleasant! Clean and service staff very pleasant, a hearty breakfast for all tastes and ages!

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“Horrible Disaster”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

Should have known when pulling into the parking lot at 7pm on a Sunday night that it was not a good sign. However, I am from the area and have been wanting to try some new restaurants I have yet to try... thinking maybe I would find a hidden gem. Well, let me tell you that wasn't the story here.

An Italian lady greeted us when we walked in, which was nice. Other than that, it was horrible. We ordered. Took them about 10 minutes to bring our drinks even though it was just us and one other solo person dining. Then they brought the salad, only we had no cutlery to eat it. She came back about another 10 minutes later and we told her we needed cutlery to eat. Not that I really wanted to eat my salad, since it was supposed to be a "garden salad", which apparently means brown iceberg lettuce, unripened tomatoes and some cucumber. No thanks. The bread was stale.

Dinner came. I had ordered the special - Chicken Parmigiana with Gnocchi. I do not eat red meat. The gnocchi came with meat sauce, which i shrugged off since I have never had it before and thought maybe this is the norm and it was the side dish anyway. Too bad it didn't get any better - the "Parmesan" on the chicken was indeed mozzarella, and the sauce between the cheese and chicken was ANOTHER layer of meat sauce. Chicken parmigiana is supposed to be made with plain tomato sauce, not have hamburger meat in it. I asked the server if it indeed was meat sauce and she said yes. I told her I just wouldn't eat it and would scrape it off.... I didn't end up eating it as I shared some of my moms roasted chicken instead.

She said her chicken and ribs were good, so at least she enjoyed her food. I wasn't offered any substitutions or anything to "make it right".

Waited for our waitress to return (by this time we were the only ones in the restaurant) so we could ask for my dinner to go to bring home to my red-meat-eating husband, but she never came. I had to approach the cash counter where no one was, and wait another 5 minutes for her to appear. She gave me a to-go container and then we had to return to get our bill from her - guess she couldn't be bothered to walk over to our table.

Anyway, I will never be going here again.

• Visited January 2013