“Love the remodel”

Cuisines: Greek, Italian, Steakhouse, Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I have eaten at this restaurant several times in the past during visits to the Soo but really appreciated the recent remodel. The menu has been expanded but some of the favorites are gone. Luckily, the salmon is still available and it was as delicious as ever. Portions are very adequate -- and the staff is more than willing to provide take-home containers for the extra. Even the leftovers were great after traveling 800 miles home in a cooler!

1  Thank mgdrrr

Reviewed August 28, 2013

This is a combination steak house and Greek restaurant. Salads were fresh and crisp, bread was straight from the oven and excellent. Menu was broad except with respect to seafood (Atlantic salmon, Lobster, fish of the day). Ribeye's were above average but not outstanding. Fish of the day seemed to be a bit past its prime with flavor a bit too fishy. Restaurant was extremely busy for a Wednesday night - seems to have caught on. Overhearing those around us suggested a high volume of repeat locals. Atmosphere was excellent with sufficient light and well-dressed contemporary decor. A very quiet restaurant despite being very busy. This made table conversation very easy. Service was a bit slow and the young waitresses seemed relatively new, i.e., they were nice, attentive but not completely familiar with the dishes.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I went to North 82 a couple times this past week for both lunch and supper. The baked tortellini I had for supper was great and our server was very friendly, though the service was a little bit slow. That was understandable since it was very busy on the night I went. The renovations are very classy and created a really nice atmosphere!

If I'd only gone for the supper, I think my rating would have been higher. Lunch wasn't as fabulous. I had a salad and the spinach quiche. I think my lettuce was drowning... I will ask for dressing on the side next time. The quiche was rather tasteless. The service was again a little slow, but we did have a large table, so perhaps they're not used to that.

I'd probably go back some day, since I did enjoy it for the most part, but it won't be my first choice when looking for a place to eat.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

In Sault Ste. Marie to find a great restaurant that isn't Italian is a pleasant surprise. I had one of what I consider their signature dishes, Souvlaki, is wonderful. On some occasions you can ask for the traditional greek salad without the lettuce. The atmosphere there is very nice, a rich appeal makes a great lunch or dinner spot. Service is great and the prices very reasonable. Can't wait for the next opportunity!

Reviewed August 2, 2013

We were celebrating a double family birthday and came here as we do for our special occasions.
One of the orders was the large prime rib dinner. The Caesar salad came without bacon, and no bread till after our entrees arrived. The prime rib was cold and not tender and no horseradish on the plate. The server was called and took it back to correct. The order returned and it was clear that the cut of meat was re-warmed so it was no longer medium rare, but now medium well. Still no horseradish and now the baked potato had no butter. Again the server was called and she then brought what was missing. Never did she ask if we wanted refills on our drinks so we had to ask her for that as well.All in all, a very disappointing evening...We will be looking for another restaurant for our future special occasion dinners.

1  Thank Marilyn K