“nicebut pricy”

Arturo's
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 23, 2012

nice place slow paced and the food was good but i do not believe the food was worth the price they were charging when there is 130 plus restaurants to choose from which alot of serve the same food.....

1  Thank steaklover92

Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

This restaurant had loads of hype from everyone on town, so much hype that it almost seemed untrue. As a result myself and my 5 companions decided to give it a try.

We had our dinner in their upstairs private dining rooms which feels as though we are in some really luxurious Vegas penthouse of sorts, modern and spphisticated, without any extra cost which to me was a surprise.

The server had recommended to us that we should allow him to make all the dinner choices which we took his advice.
The variety was outstanding, the flavour of all these dishes was superior to any restaurant I have been to.

This definitely came at a cost, but for 60$ per person for the dinner I was very surprised. That would have been at least 100$ at any place anywhere else for the simple fact that the ambiance, private atmosphere and service were second to nothing I have been to.

Spend some money there, it's worth it. I literally have nothing bad to say, well done gentlemen.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

My husband and I travelled to the Sault from Ottawa to visit family. Our meal was the best meal we have ever had. Yes, it is expensive, but you get what you pay for! We look forward to returning next time we are in town.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

Upon travelling to Sault Ste Marie I had asked several people who commute to Sault Ste Marie often where I should dine, more specifically is there somewhere that can compare to anything that fine Toronto dining establishments can offer. Every single person had told me without hesitation to go eat at Arturo's restaurant.

Being no stranger to proper Italian food having been to Italy several times, I was a bit skeptical on the authenticity and quality that this restaurant was able to provide me especially in such a small city in Northern Ontario. Let's just say all that skepticism was gone after the waiter had told me to allow him and his brother to simply take care of their entire meal for myself and 3 other colleagues of mine. The confidence this young man exuded and his product knowledge for both food and wine was out of the ordinary for someone his age. He had sold us all without question with the way he spoke, very reminiscent of a food network personality.

Course after course came out all of which had so much variety and such complex flavors, many of which were even new to myself. Not only were the dishes very authentic Italian, there was so much food to enjoy, unlike most fine dining place whereby food is scarce and nowhere near as delicious for the price. Also no proper Italian dinner is complete unless accompanied by a proper wine, and once again this young man had suggested a wonderful amarone one of which I have not seen elsewhere.

I was so impressed that I simply had to write this for the amazing experience I had that evening. It's also very eye opening to see such motivated hard working young men who take pride and passion in their very difficult line of work . Coincidentally the young man who served us was also the co-owner of the restaurant with his brother who had cooked us such an amazing meal. I must also say that the price was well over 100$ per person although an equivalent meal somewhere in downtown Toronto would have costed much more, especially considering the wine and spirit mark up is much lower than a fine Toronto Restaurant. If anything I think they should charge more for their services, especially with the charismatic owner serving your table directly.

Thank you so much for a great experience, we shall definitely see you guys next time I am in town.

2  Thank josh k
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Arturo's is always a favorite with out of town business, family & friends visiting & wanting a dining experience out of the ordinary plus being my wife's & my favorite. Have eaten in very few restaurants while travelling that I enjoyed as much or more!