“The True Family Restaruant”

Giovanni's Restaurant
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Sault Ste. Marie
“The True Family Restaruant”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

My wife, son and I have been enjoying fine dining at Giovann's for more than 20 years. My wife and I would enjoy meals after skiing and before events with friends. Having grown up in Toronto/Pickering and moved here for our Jobs, we were pleasantly surprised with the down home feeling that one always experienced (and still do) at this restaurant. When we had our child some 15 years ago we would take him with us for "special" nights out. I always remember that as soon as the adult food came to the table (they would have already brought the food for our son), someone in Giovanni's employ would take our son for walks around the restaurant and left us to enjoy our meals in some well deserved "adult time". Not having our own family in the Soo this was very mucy appreciated and will always be remembered. Jim and Glenna

Oakville, Canada
“always a crowd pleaser”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

As a former resident of the Soo, I will start by saying I grew up on the delicious, hardy home cooked meals served at Giovannis! Now, as I live in an area surrounded by awful, cookie cutter chain restaurants, I wish I could be at home in the Soo to have a meal of ribs and gnocci at this fabulous restaurant. When I visit with my family they all know we will be stopping once or twice for a meal here!! My kids love the pasta (all variations) and my husband always chooses "the special" and he is never disappointed. Giovannis is as good as it always was!! Never disappointed.

Ottawa, Canada
“Overpriced Pasta”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I visited Sault Ste. Marie for the 1st time this summer and was told the Italian food was amazing. I have to say this restaurant was not amazing. It was overpriced for the pasta/tomato sauce that I got. I had better pasta at Casey's down the street. The atmosphere was okay, but the dishes/cutlery need to be updated.

I would not go back nor recommend this place.

Barrie, Canada
“Best in Customer Service”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

the quality fo the food here is just amazing and I couldn't compliment the staff enough. Our server was Sandra and she was just a natural, she was real and open and very informative, there was a group of 8 of us and she really managed the group so well. we will be back!

Visited September 2012
sault ste marie
“just pass on this place”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

.. Each time we go there, the place is busy .. but I dont understand why this is. I ordered meat raviolis with red sauce, and each raviloi was so over cooked, that each of them opened up when I put my fork in them to eat them .. the next time I went.. I ordered the Pesto pasta .. way way too much garlic and hardly any pesto .. i avoid this place at all costs .. also, the price of everything is very high .. not an affordable place for a family to go to eat

Visited February 2012