“Amazing food and service, I can't wait to go again!!”
Review of Cesira's Italian Cuisine - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cesira's Italian Cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We went for lunch and ordered the lasagna. It was the best lasagna we have ever had. Definitely a regular stop for us now when we visit Sault Ste. Marie! :D

Reviewed July 12, 2014

This is my favourite restaurant to eat at. I don't eat out often anymore but when I do this is where you will find me. The food is fantastic, the service attentive, and the atmosphere is pleasant. They are also VERY accommodating when it comes to special requests. I have a VERY restrictive diet these days and most places will NOT make adjustments to accommodate me, however Frank and his staff ALWAYS willingly vary things to suit my needs. There was a time when I could eat anything off the menu and enjoyed every bit of it, however my diet has changed and I am pleased that at least one restaurant in town is willing to allow for special requests. This allows my husband and I to get out from time to time and enjoy a meal out.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

I had an opportunity to eat at Cesira's. Let me start off by saying that I am an extremely picky eater. I also eat gluten free.

I had the grilled chicken parmigiana with roasted vegetables and garden salad. It was amazing. Best food I have ever tasted in any restaurant. Beats all big chain restaurants.

My husband ordered the half rack back ribs pasta, four cheese spinach dip with chips and bacon wrapped jalepenos. My husband told me his meal was very tasty. Ribs were awesome, pasta and spinach dip. He also really liked the bacon wrapped jalepenos and they were extremely spicy. If you want a spicy appetizer this is really good.

We enjoyed this restaurant so much the next day we went back and purchased a pre-made gluten free lasagna to take home. It was amazing. If we lived closer to the Sault Ste. Marie, we would eat here a lot more often. Restaurant was very clean. Staff and owner were extremely friendly. It is a fantastic place to go out and eat to have a nice evening. Well worth it.

We plan on going back on our next trip to the Soo.

High thumbs up to this restaurant!!! :)

Chris

1  Thank Chris L
Reviewed June 27, 2014

I was quite surprised by "Not Impressed at all" comments. My husband and I have been going to this restaurant since it opened 42 years ago. We were there again tonight with family members and had our favourite dinner - the Family Style #2 menu selection (chicken noodle soup, lasagna, veal parm, roast chicken, roast potatoes, salad). It was excellent as always and considering the amount of food we had, well worth the $22. I have had lasagna and salad only at other restaurants in town and paid $16.95 for it so this is a great deal for awesome food. They also have great specials where you can have an appetizer, dinner and dessert for only $25. The staff and owner are always more than welcoming and happy to be of service. This is also my favourite place to lunch with friends who love going there as well. We will definitely continue our tradition of eating at this fine establishment.

1  Thank Theone C
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Went with friends before the concert. Service was very slow. My husband and I ordered the family style dinner for two. The soup was just ok. Too much broth not enough noodles. When the lasagna came it was not even what I consider lasagna. Just noodles and sauce looked like there may have been one little meat ball chopped up and put in the sauce. No cheese. We sent it back. The noodles tasted gummy and not very good. The waitress brought another which had a little more cheese and a little more meat. We ate a little because by this time we were starving. Then came the over cooked chicken parm which was so thin and chewy, the roast chicken was dry and tasted reheated. The potatoes were good. The salad was good. But for 22 dollars a person I wanted to eat more then roasted potatoes.
My friend had baked sole. It was the tiniest piece of fish but it was still in the foil tent when brought to her no presentation on the plate just baked fish stuck in places to tin foil. Not very apealing.

We were there over two hours.
When we went to pay the owner (i assume) asked us how was everything I told him I was not impressed and how bad the food was. He still took our money, lol. If I wasn't with friends and not wanting to embarrass them I would have said more and not paid but we just wanted to get to the concert.
I will let my feet do the talking and not go back.

It use to be a great place for Italian. Been around for a long time but going downhill.
Sorry.