“Microtel in Sault Ste Marie, Ontario”

Microtel Inn & Suites By Wyndham Sault Ste. Marie
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Sault Ste. Marie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Grand Rapids, Minnesota
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I stayed at this hotel on my way to my friends Canadian camp. This is a brand new hotel. You can still smell the new scents inside. My friend and I got a great rate on the room, they are probably having introductory rates as a promotion. I am familiar with the Microtel brand in the USA and was excited to see it carried into Canada.
The room was not the biggest, but this is to be expected at this brand. The place was bright and welcoming. The only thing I would say negatively of, would be the loud bang of the room doors. You could hear them echo down the hall. My friend and I checked in around dinner hour, the staff at the desk in my opinion was very unprofessional. He was nice but seemed to involved in what was on the television and when he was asked for advice and directions he answered with slangs like "what's up?", and "ya". I found this in my opinion to be very unprofessional and I felt like a bother even speaking to him as he stared at the tv.
The breakfast was great and the breakfast attendant was very polite. If the door sound could be fixed and the tv in the lobby shut off, so staff can not be so amused by it, I believe I will maybe visit again in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank oasis219
GMSuper8SSM, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites By Wyndham Sault Ste. Marie, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Good Morning!
We received your review of the doors banging at night. Our issue has been from day one that the door closures are built into the hinges. The doors either close too hard or not enough to latch. WE HAVE FOUND A great balance and the doors are no longer banging. The common doors in the halls have also been adjusted. I personally have stayed in the hotel and ensured the noise is gone, and it is! We are just getting to know each other here at the Microtel, and a few of our staff are learning the hotel industry and what it takes to be a representative of the hotel. We look forward to continuing to grow and improve, and ensure you that your check-in experience was a one off situation and you will have our full attention on your next visit. Again, we look forward to seeing you again and are extremely thankful you wrote a review!
Northeastern Ontario, Canada
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Hotel is new and extremely clean. Beds and linens are top grade and very comfortable. Bathrooms are new. Lots of towels. Shower great. Very quiet. Staff more than accommodating and pleasant. Breakfast was fresh and hot with many items to choose from. Heating and air conditioning was a pleasant change from the usual noisy units. Very quiet and efficient. New TVs are great. Over all a great value. We will stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lori E
I absolutely LOVE to hear that you saw value in what we offer. Thank-you so much for writing a review of your experience. The team promises to continue to grow and explore new ideas to pack in value for our customers. Again, thanks for the review and we are so happy you enjoyed the breakfast and found our rooms comfortable. See you soon!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Room was ok, staff was ok, very noisy from street and next room. Walls must be thin. Will stay again if notable to get good rate elsewhere. Disappointed. Not big enough for a family stay.better for a solo stay and hotelmdoes not 4ake pets.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank jason p
GMSuper8SSM, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites By Wyndham Sault Ste. Marie, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank-you so much for your review! We are so sorry you didn't find it big enough for a family. The best thing I find about this hotel property is the various types of rooms we have to offer you. From the Efficient Micro Suite at a great low rate, to the large efficiency suite, Jacuzzi rooms, and into the large variety of accessible suites. Not only that we have FAMILY ROOMS, meaning a 2 Queen bed attached to a Micro Suite which makes for one huge room at a great price! Next time we will be sure to get you in a family suite, please consider emailing me directly at saultmicrotel@live.ca! I want to make sure that you get the proper introduction to the Microtel Sault Ste. Marie, as I think we have alot more to show you.
Travelers also viewed these Sault Ste. Marie hotels
Quattro Hotel & Conf. Centre, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Quattro Hotel & Conf. Centre, an...
#1 of 23 in Sault Ste. Marie
Delta Hotels by Marriott Sault Ste. Marie Waterfront
Delta Hotels by Marriott Sault S...
#4 of 23 in Sault Ste. Marie
Algoma's Water Tower Inn & Suites, BW Premier Collection
Algoma's Water Tower Inn & Suite...
#5 of 23 in Sault Ste. Marie
Holiday Inn Express - Sault Ste. Marie
Holiday Inn Express - Sault Ste....
#7 of 23 in Sault Ste. Marie
Days Inn & Suites Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Days Inn & Suites Sault Ste. Mar...
#6 of 23 in Sault Ste. Marie
Fairfield Inn & Suites Sault Ste. Marie
Fairfield Inn & Suites Sault Ste...
#8 of 23 in Sault Ste. Marie

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites By Wyndham Sault Ste. Marie? Share your experiences!