“Extremely slow service!”

The Harp Bar and Grill
Reviewed April 17, 2014

A few coworkers and I decided to check out The Harp for a Friday lunch. The restaurant wasn't terribly packed, and we found a place to sit quickly. Then after the server brought us menus, it took a good 20 minutes before she decided to come back and take orders. After we placed our orders (burgers, wings and a small pizza), the real wait began. We were in the restaurant for a full HOUR before getting our meals. When I did receive my burger, it was completely the wrong order, so I had to wait an additional 10 minutes for the right order. When the "right" order came, it was still missing some of my toppings but at that point I was so hungry I didn't care. Then we had another 30 minute wait to receive our bills. It was over a 2-hour lunch for some very simple orders. It was really frustrating seeing our server walk by us empty-handed constantly without stopping to check up on us or even take our orders. The food was pretty decent and I liked the selection of burger toppings (the ones they remembered to put on my burger anyway), but the service was so poor I don't think I'll be back unless I have multiple hours to spare.

1  Thank toxikon
There are newer reviews for The Harp Bar and Grill

Reviewed March 25, 2014

If you are in the mood for a homemade burger, this place is a very good choice. You can fill out a sheet the server provides, and choose your meat, your toppings, different cheeses, vegetables, and sauces. You can also load it up with special toppings like prosciutto and mortadella, I tried one with peanut butter. It was great, and the portion was also great. I skipped the fries and had a nice tomato vegetable soup. This is a nice place to watch the game and shoot some pool with friends, or for a datenight, or business meeting. Service was just ok, but the place was very clean, and modern inside. If you are craving a 'designer' burger and want to watch some sports on the big screen this is a great choice. I would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

The first impression I had of the bar was good, the music was awesome, the place looks great, but the service was just awful. The bar wasn't very busy however both the bartenders felt socializing with each other was more important then the customer. After waiting fifteen minutes to get a bottled beer we decided to leave.

If your looking for a bar with good, attentive, customer oriented service; look elsewhere.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

This bar and grill has undergone a name change and renovations. Not sure if ownership has changed but some of the previous clientele were let's say a little sketchy. Anyway, it's a neighbourhood bar so with the renos we decided to try it. There were six of us and food was generally good, however, one order didn't get delivered until most of us finished our meals. Another server grabbed the order by mistake. One suggestion I would recommend for the kitchen staff is to stop serving McCains fries. That's just plain wrong in a bar and grill that's rebranded. Please serve fresh cut fries. We will give The Harp another opportunity and I will follow up with a review.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

The burger was pretty great. build your own. GREAT BUN too!! I've never commented on a burger bun before but it was really tasty!
The service was good too. The waiter was attentive and friendly and made sure we had everything we needed on a few occasions.
The fries were not cut in house.