“Very noisy place”

Add it.
Bruno's All Day Breakfast
Cuisines: Canadian
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Went their for breakfast. Had to wait for quite awhile, food was cold by the time we got it, waitress so busy......food expensive, especially since it's a breakfast. You can't hear each other....will not return.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

My husband and I wanted to go out and enjoy a Christmas Eve breakfast and decided to come here. This is my third visit here and this is my last. For people who suppose to be breakfast experts, do not know how to cook or even serve warm food.

First of all, we entered the restaurant and stood at the door for approx. 3 minutes. It was not busy at all. The cook noticed us and motioned to the waitress/greeter who was sitting at the counter with her back to the door. She finally came over and said we could sit anywhere is fine. When she brought over the menus, I asked if she had decaf coffee and she said that it wasn't on and starred at me to make a decision about getting regular coffee. I asked for decaf in which she said it would be a few moments. That's okay.

Now the waitress came over to take our order and did not have a pen or paper and kept getting confused with a simple order of eggs, grilled potatoes and toast. I said to my husband, guaranteed our order is going to get screwed up and sure enough it was.

I ordered eggs over easy with grilled potatoes and dry brown toast, my husband ordered scrambled eggs with dry brown toast. Of course we both got scrambled eggs. I told the waitress that I wanted eggs over easy, she brought the plate back to the kitchen to order eggs over. I told my husband they should start the whole order over. She came back with eggs over easy, cold grilled potatoes, cold toast and runny eggs. Then I told her that my potatoes were cold and she said she would let the kitchen know. She did not even offer to re-do my order. This is the worst breakfast that we ever had. My husbands scrambled eggs were cold, along with cold potatoes and cold toast. Our breakfast sat on the counter too long before they brought it over.

Now the coffee issues, my husband had to ask the waitress 3 times to refill his coffee and also refilled my coffee with regular coffee. By now, I wasn't going to say anything, but the waitress came over with a new cup of decaf..........at least one thing was right.

So needless to say, I ate about a 1/4 of my breakfast and ate my cold toast with peanut butter and jam.

Maybe the cooks should take cooking lessons. Learn how to cook eggs and how to serve warm food.

Here is a tip...........one restaurant in town serves their breakfast on warm plates and their breakfast is excellent with the best customer service. To bad they were closed today.

So many people are disgusted with this restaurant and heard so many negative things about it.

So keep it up and your doors will be closed. You also need to hire a better wait staff with smiles and personalities.

So Bruno's..........................NEVER EVER AGAIN.................will we set foot in your door and give you our hard earned money for garbage food.

1  Thank MJBurns
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We had read the reviews on TripAdvisor and delayed going to Bruno's for the first time as the experiences apparently had ups and downs.

We went there early afternoon, and the restaurant was not busy at all. There was a sign saying "Wait to be seated" and it took the people working there a couple minutes until they told us to seat wherever we wanted.

Coffee was good, and the items we ordered were really well prepared. I ordered an omelette, which came quickly and was not greasy at all and the sausage inside is supposed to be locally made. The bread seemed to be locally made too and tasted really good. I also check how food feels after eating, and this one did not feel heavy at all, so I give them brownie points for that.

The waitress was not rude, just not friendly. She did not come often to check if we needed coffee though. Also she avoided eye contact and we went to the counter for the bill.

We will be trying the place again, but if they took care of these minor issues, this place has the potential to be really good.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Stopped by on my way through Sault Ste. Marie and met family there who had recommened it. I had the crepes and my wife had the all american. Huge portions and very satisfying! We will be stopping in the next time we come to town.

BreakyAllDay, General Manager at Bruno's All Day Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us! We are very happy that you had such a positive experience here and we look forward to your next trip to the Soo and to our restaurant.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Great food and a great staff. As a patron since the restaurant first opened i can attest to the fact that since the new manager took over there have been many improvements that haven't gone unnoticed. There is always lots of milk and creamers available on the tables which is an improvement from before. The condiments on the table are always full and there is always a server around to top off your coffee.

WOW! Thanks so much for the great review of our restaurant. I'm so pleased that you have noticed improvements, as we are all working very hard to take this restaurant to it's full potential. Knowing that these small things do not go unnoticed is very encouraging. We look forward to your continued visits!