“Excellent”

Add it.
Bruno's Breakfast and Waffle House
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Food and service was excellent. Highly recommend if you go to have breakfast there. Nice size portions of food and service was excellent.

There are newer reviews for Bruno's Breakfast and Waffle House

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Ive been here twice and both times the food has been great and well priced. They have pretty much anything you could want for breakfast. Eggs, pancakes, crepes, waffles etc. The food is also reasonably priced. The only thing I would recommend is waitresses checking back with the tables as some times drinks do get low during the meal.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Today was my second time at Bruno's. It took a bit of convincing my breakfast date to come to Bruno's as she had had a terrible experience when the previous manager, Bruno, was running it. The food has improved. The hollandaise sauce is much better and is now being made fresh instead of from a package. The service has improved as well. Our coffees and our breakfasts were served in a timely manner and piping hot. We had to wait about 10 minutes for a table on a Sunday which is reasonable to me especially with a smaller establishment. A few suggestions: A name change. My boyfriend will not go to Bruno's as he doesn't respect Bruno from his previous establishment. In a smaller city, reputation means everything and the previous manager has a terrible reputation with many people in town. Also, it sounds a bit cheap. It seems like it is trying to reach our Italian population...let's move on. Start fresh as the name is keeping people away. Also, clean up the look of the menu. It's the classic Sault Ste. Marie look. Crowded, dated colours, tri-fold. In just one visit since my last, I have noticed improvements and look forward to seeing more.

BreakyAllDay, General Manager at Bruno's Breakfast and Waffle House, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience, as well as your suggestions. With the change in management, many things are under review, including the menu. Hopefully we will be able to satisfy the curious foodies in Sault Ste Marie, as well as keep traditional breakfast lovers coming back for more. Sighting your improved service means a lot to us, as the staff has been working very diligently to improve upon everything. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We did have to wait for our table about 10 minutes, which is nothing for a Sunday morning. The service was great where servers came by regularly to fill up our mugs with coffee and to check in if we needed anything. The manager also came around to make sure everything was good. I ordered blueberry pancakes and they were delicious. I will go back for sure.

Hello Lynn,
Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your experience at Bruno's, and we welcome you back anytime!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I will not go back... after a 20 minute wait to be seated... we figured it would be worth the wait... we waited for everything!! it took an hour and a half to get our breakfast... I was sure I would be stuck with the waffles that were sitting up on the counter waiting to be served for over 15 minutes... but alas they went to another customer ... When we finally got our food it was apparent that the waffles were from a mix and not very good... and the waitress was so kind to come and spray my waffle with no name spray whip cream because the kitchen forgot to... we were not happy... the manager was kind enough to give us 10% off... really....
Disorganized, expensive, and not appetizing... so glad we have better option in the sault!!

BreakyAllDay, General Manager at Bruno's Breakfast and Waffle House, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. As the new general manager here, I would like to clear a few things up. First of all, there is often a wait to be seated in our restaurant. We have a total of 15 tables and a few bar stools, and it is quite often that the restaurant is full. We do our best to clear and reset the tables and have people seated as quickly as we can, but we don't ever rush anyone out the door.

I apologize if there was a wait for your food. We do our best to make sure the plates come out as quickly as possible, but I can tell you, sometimes there is a wait. The average ticket time through the week is about 10 minutes from the time the order is punched in, and a maximum of 20 minutes on weekends. We have taken the time to ensure that our wait times are never too long and worked very hard to improve upon them.

Our waffles are made from a mix that we make. I am sorry if it wasn't to your standards. Most of our customers absolutely love our waffles, and we have many regular customers who come for them. Different tastes though. Not everyone likes all of the same things, so I do appreciate your criticism on the subject and will work to improve upon it. As far as the whipped cream subject, it is not no name. We use a real whipped cream, but it is as you said, in a can.

I am also the only manager here. I did not issue you a discount on your food, but I went back on the system, and there were no discounts issued for 10%, so I'm uncertain of what you mean when you say the manager was kind enough to issue you a discount.

I can assure you that we do our very best at all times to please our customers. I do not allow food to sit in the window. We try to use the best ingredients, have good servers and kitchen staff, and please the customers. I'm sorry if we have fallen short in your case. I welcome you to come back and I will personally ensure that you have a good experience.