“UNLIMITED DRINKS!”

Super 8 Sault Ste Marie ON
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Sault Ste. Marie
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Haha this hotel had Fountain Juice and Milk 24/7! As a cyclist this was my heaven! Great location, friendly staff, cozy rooms, and amazing little town! Enjoyed biking around town! I would recommend it to anyone! Thanks Guys :D

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Davulous
Gary R, Director of Sales at Super 8 Sault Ste Marie ON, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Dear Davulous, glad to hear that you enjoyed and took advantages of our coffee, tea and juices being available 24/7 for guests. This is just another way that we like to add value to your stay. We're so glad that you enjoyed our hotel and SSMarie. Hope you will come back for another visit again soon.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

In my 21 years of service I have never been treated with such arrogance and contempt from incompetent staff as I was at this hotel. My wife and I used to stay at this hotel whenever we were in the Sault Ste Marie area. But from our most recent experience this will be our last. We arrived late from Thunder Bay - if you have ever had to make that drive you know how long it is. We had booked the room several weeks in advance, specifically asking for a pet friendly, non smoking room. Both my wife and I are very sensitive to the smell of smoke. When we arrived the room we were given reeked of cigeratte smoke. When my wife raised this issue with the front desk clerk, the clerk all but accused my wife of lying. She was rude and contemptious and when no other rooms were available, she called another hotel which was a low rate dump, but at least it didn't smell like smoke. We returned the next day to address our concerns with the manager. The 20 something punk of a manager was not receptive to our concerns, but tried to make excuses for the rooms pathetic state and accused my wife of insulting him because she pointed out the flaws in all of his excuses.

Room Tip: I would even let my pets stay here!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank jason n
Reviewed July 24, 2012

This was our first stay at a Super8. After checking in we got chatting to a lady who told us we could park our motorcycles right outside the reception so they could keep an eye on them. We got up in the morning to find cloths on the seats to wipe away the early morning dew!
Anyway back to the hotel, good value for money, comfortable room and bed, breakfast was included but this was taken in a small corner of the front lobby and it was a bit on the small side for the number of guests, the breakfast itself was OK and was the usual buffet, help yourself, style. The hotel is located within easy walking distance of several restaurants/fast food outlets. No reason to complain though and would gladly return.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Patrick G
GMSuper8SSM, General Manager at Super 8 Sault Ste Marie ON, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Good Afternoon!
Thank-you so much for the review of our hotel property. We read your review and recently have moved our lobby lounge area and enhanced or spread the breakfast area out. We have also have started leaving trays available for guests who would like to bring their breakfast to their room. Both have really helped with breakfast conjestion. We appreciate your feedback and beleive we have found our solution! The team hopes to work with you again and continue to provide great value for your dollar. Have an awsome end to your summer. See you along the way.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

This was our first stay in a Super 8, the hotel is quite new, in a decent location for resteraunts. Very efficient check in with helpful staff. Rooms were clean and a reasonable size. Breakfast area a little small for number of guests so get there early. The breakfast itself was good, the usual continental style.
I would use this hotel again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Geoff W
GMSuper8SSM, General Manager at Super 8 Sault Ste Marie ON, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Good Afternoon,

I hope you had an awsome end to your trip here in Canada. Thanks so much for choosing to stay at your first Super 8 Hotel here in Sault Ste. Marie. Our team at the hotel thanks you for taking the time to review our property and hope you had a safe and pleasant trip home. Cheers!

Reviewed July 12, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at the Super 8. Normally, a Super 8 hotel would not be my first choice but this particular Super 8 is fantastic. The staff were all above board and made us feel very welcomed. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Thanks for making my morning and writing an informative review of our property. We really appreciate your time and are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff work hard daily to ensure all our guests feel as comfortable as possible, and we are glad it shows. Hope your having an awsome summer season, see you along the way!

Reviewed July 10, 2012

I stayed for 4 nights on a business trip. Good location, with nearby restaurants. I like the pine trees lining up the driveway, make you feel you're in aResort instead of downtown. Comfortable bed, ambient lighting, and excellent maid service made this a very pleasant stay. Don't expect 5 star amenities- this is basic chain but delivers more than expected.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Erik R

Thanks so much for taking a sample picture of our new bedding, linens, and drapery! The team has been waiting awhile to get one example up. Within Super 8 guidelines we cannot post pictures on the website unless they are done professionally. We still need to replace our televisions and update our wall pictures in the guest rooms. Once these are complete we will post fully updated guestroom photos. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us, and just wanted to let you know just how much we appreciate you posting those pictures. Again, thank you and we hope to work with you again. Have an awsome summer!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I'll be honest, I wasn't sure what to expect from a Super 8, having never stayed at one before, but the combination of decent reviews and good prices made me decide to try the Sault Ste. Marie location. The excellent Customer Service started from when I called the location, checking on a reservation I had originally booked through a travel website (unrelated to Super 8). My confirmation email wasn't correct, so I called to check the reservation, and I'm really glad I did. The gentleman I spoke to ended up re-booking me into a better room (a King Jr. Suite) for the same price that I originally had for a lesser room. What a lovely surprise when we arrived after a long day on the road/ferry, and we had a large room, and a completely unexpected two person jacuzzi tub in the bathroom (there was a shower, too.) Great room, more upgraded than the pictures show, bedding-wise, that's for sure! It was quiet, and the grounds had gorgeous flowers as well.

The complimentary breakfast was average, with packaged muffins, breads, bagels, cold cereal, juice, coffee, cold hard boiled eggs, and an unfortunately out of service waffle maker. I took my breakfast back to the room because the small seating area was full, and loud. When I dropped off the room cards a bit later, though, it was quiet with only two guests.

Next time we're back this way, we'd definitely book with Super 8 again.

Room Tip: Jr King suites are fantastic! Call the hotel directly for the best rate and room for you.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KatzenF

Good Afternoon!
The Sales team here at the hotel loved your title! Everyone wanted to thank you and your family for taking the time to give so much info about your stay at our hotel. Now that you have tried a Super 8 we hope you will continue to enjoy the great value for your dollar that we continually strive for. Yes, we have done a "Soft" upgrade to our guest rooms including bedding, linen, sheers, and drapery. We will continually be working to improve your experience this next year! Give us a call next time your in town, we look forward to working with you again.