“Great low cost accomodation”

Super 8 Sault Ste Marie ON
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Sault Ste. Marie
Gold Coast, Australia
“Great low cost accomodation”
Reviewed May 15, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights when we went to Cirque Du Soleil this past weekend. The hotel was fantastic, one of the better ones I have ever stayed in, and I have traveled alot. My firend and her children were in the room next to me, and I didn't hear a sound at all. The staff were great. The renovated rooms were really wonderful and clean, and the beds were DIVINE to sleep in. Would definitely recommend!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
GMSuper8SSM, General Manager at Super 8 Sault Ste Marie ON, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Good Afternoon, hope you enjoyed the rest of your travels. The team here wanted me to thank-you for the review. We all hope to work with you again in the future. Have an awsome summer season!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Chilliwack, Canada
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I stayed here one night in mid Sep'11. The site was well rated by Tripadvisor and I was not disappointed. The price was the best in town at under $100.00. The site was clean and welcoming. Parking was good. The room was a King suite near the lobby. It was well attired and I heard no noise what-so-ever. Checkin was a tad slow due to a patron before me and no fault of staff.
The bed was comfortable and the room furniture well maintained. The site is located in both a commercial and residential area. There are nearby restaurants. There is a small strip mall a few blocks away.Easy location to find but I would recommend a GPS.
I would definitley stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Good Afternoon,

Hope your having a good spring! We are finally starting to feel the heat here in Sault Ste. Marie:). Thanks alot for the review and your helpful information. I know personally I always use tripadvisor to screen hotels when I travel. It is reviews like yours that help me and millions of others. Again thanks, from the team here at Super 8 Hotel. Enjoy your week and hope to work with you again in the future. Cheers
bracebridge
Reviewed April 29, 2012

The 'King' bed was very comfy. I brought my pillow from home but didn't use it since the new 'prestige' pillows were super.
I enjoyed my morning waffel and the fruit salad was very good, tasted very natural and not too sweet nor chemical-tasting like the canned stuff usulaly is.
Will definitely stay there again.
Kathy

Room Tip: Book ahead because they fill up quick even during the week. Ask for the 'Casino' package an...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
GMSuper8SSM, General Manager at Super 8 Sault Ste Marie ON, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Thank-you so much for taking the time to write a review. We loved having you at the hotel and hope to work with you again in the future. If your heading back through give us a call directly and we would love to match your previous stay rate! Have a safe trip.
St. Marys, Ontario
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I stayed at the Super 8 while I was in town the first week of April. I was in a room very close to the lobby that had been recently redone. It was beautiful and tasteful, with a very comfortable mattress. Even the pillows were good, as I always bring my own, but didn't need it. The staff were also terrific, especially the gentleman in the morning (Gary, I think). We had a laugh over my love of their waffles. Everything was terrific and I will make a point of staying there next time I am in town.

Room Tip: some rooms have been recently renovated, maybe ask what's available
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
We rounded up the sales team last week for a meeting and I displayed your review for everyone to see. We are all very appreciative for the great review, and promise to continue to provide great value for your dollar. Look forward to seeing you along the way! Have an awsome spring. Cheers
mississauga
Reviewed April 21, 2012

We can only add to the compliments to the staff Everyone seemed to be hand picked All you need for breakfast,Dairy Protein, Fruit & carbs. + Treadmill We would stay there again Great Sushi restaurant next door We stayed 2 nights

Room Tip: Check Travelocity or >>>>and call hotel, they will match rate.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Joyce A
Gary R, Director of Sales at Super 8 Sault Ste Marie ON, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Joyce, thanks for the great review. We;re so glad that you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast and that you found representation from the appropriate food groups and found it to "be all anyone needs". Very kind of you to take the time to do a review. We hope that you will come and stay with us again. We periodically add new things to the breakfast, so please come back and see what's new at Super 8 Sault Ste. Marie. Great to hear from you, we hope that you are having a great summer as well.
mississauga
Reviewed April 19, 2012

The rooms are large,and very clean. The staff was very friendly and the value was extremely good.I would definately stay there again. The only comment I would make and not a complaint but I would have liked to see a larger breakfast offering. Apples/Bananas/yogurt and maybe scrambled eggs and breakfast meat.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank gnaglie
Gary R, Director of Sales at Super 8 Sault Ste Marie ON, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thanks for the wonderful review. We love the title,"Great Service, Great Rooms, Great Value" This sums up in a nutshell what we try to provide for each guest on a daily basis. Thanks so much for staying with us and for noticing the value that we are trying to provide with each stay. Thanks also for the suggestions about breakfast. Since your stay and this review, we have already added apples and bananas to our complimentary continental breakfast. The eggs and the breakfast meat are a little harder to comply with, but we are working on something like that. We recently added French Toast to our offering as well. We are glad that you found the rooms to be spacious and so glad that you have stayed with us several times now. Our staff would also like to thank you for the gift of fudge that you left for them when you checked out--what a nice gesture and it was certainly delicious. Thanks so much for taking the time to do a review of our property and we can't wait to see you again. You have really made our day with this review and we hope that you have a super day too. Cheers.
Hornepayne
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Great service from all the various staff we met - all were friendly and helpful. Room was very clean and they must have done some upgrades because our room had newer linens and drapes, etc. than shown on the website. Very nicely done and the rooms are huge! Our only complaint was the internet kept dropping service which was annoying but all in all a great place to stay. We've stayed in a lot of the hotels in Sault Ste Marie and this is better than most that charge much more than this one! Not only a good deal for the money - a better room/service than most of the competition by far!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank JnJ2001
GMSuper8SSM, General Manager at Super 8 Sault Ste Marie ON, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
Good Morning!

I wanted to send a short message to thank-you for writting a review of our property here in Sault Ste. Marie. I have been General Manager for about 6 months now and have been enjoying every minute of it. Our team here at Super 8 work hard daily to ensure our guests are provided excellent service and a hassle free stay. We have recently upgraded our rooms with a soft upgrade including curtains, bedding and pillows. Our team looks forward to continuing to provide more value for your dollar. Thanks again, and we hope to see you soon!