“Sleeped in my car!”

Super 8 Sault Ste Marie ON
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Sault Ste. Marie
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Ive been to a whole lot of hotels being i travel 6 months out of every year for work

Bed and pillow not comfortable
Old linens.
Non smoking room was like sleeping in a dirty ashtray i ended up sleeping in my truck, one of the worst nights in a while

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank Pdrtraveler
GMSuper8SSM, General Manager at Super 8 Sault Ste Marie ON, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review; guest feedback is extremely important to us.

Your experience seems to differ from the majority of the reviews on this site. We are continually working to improve the guest experience at our hotel.

Therefore, I would appreciate if you contact me so that we can discuss your experience further.

Kind Regards,

Kyle Schneider,

Reviewed August 24, 2011

This is the third time I've stayed at this location while traveling across Canada, and I have to say.. it's one of the best.

The rooms are large, and even the standard rooms with one bed also have a sofa in them. I believe it's a relatively new hotel, and it's VERY clean and quite modern in comparison to other Super 8's in Ontario. The staff are also extremely friendly - the two guys at the Front Desk were extremely helpful. As someone who works in this industry, I expect exceptional service wherever I go, and I definitely received it at this location. I showed up at 11:30am to check in (normal check in time is 3pm).. and they were so accommodating, and found me a room fitted to my requests very fast.

The value of the room is also great, and every time I've stayed, I always end up paying less than $100.

I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling through Sault Sainte Marie!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Rachel M
GMSuper8SSM, General Manager at Super 8 Sault Ste Marie ON, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2011

Good Afternoon,

The team at Super 8 Sault Ste. Marie hope you are having a great start to your Fall season. We appreciate your feedback and wanted to thank-you for leaving a review. I am happy you continually enjoy your experience with our team and look forward to working with you again in the future. Enjoy the New Year!

Reviewed July 28, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel whenever we have stopped in SS Marie, it is a decent, clean hotel and the staff is good. It has always been clean, quiet with very clean bathrooms and soft towels. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Stayed here twice- once on the drive out west, once on the drive back. Both were great stays.

Everything you'd want for a simple night on the road: Easy highway access, close to services, very well maintained, modern rooms, quiet property, clean room, good air conditioning, shower worked well, bed comfortable, ample parking, rapid check-in, reasonable rates. In fact, this hotel delivers about 90% of the services and amenities that you'd get at a mid-tier hotel costing 50% more per night.

On the downside... budget bathroom amenities (bring your own), the fitness "facility" is minimal, and the breakfast offerings are poor (go to Tim Hortons).

But I was very impressed with the value I got for my dollar and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends

Good Afternoon,

We wanted to thank-you for posting a review of our hotel property. We hope you will continually enjoy your stay for years to come, and will do everything we can to ensure you are 100% satisfied. Hope you had an awsome holiday season and you have a great start to the new year.

Reviewed July 2, 2011

Staff were friendly, bed was comfortable, and room was well equipped. I booked this hotel as the fitness facility was mentioned as being well equipped, but it was very basic - just a bicycle, rower, and very old treadmill. Treadmill was very unreliable and obviously the speeds were off. There was not enough room in the fitness space to even do anything besides using the machines. Another drawback was the strange smell in our room - very stale smelling. It was nice that breakfast was served, but this was the most basic of continental breakfasts and Styrofoam cups. Don`t think I`d rebook, although as I said the staff were nice.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Good Afternoon,

We at the Super 8 Sault Ste. Marie hope you are doing well and enjoying the holiday season. Thanks alot for posting your review and sorry it took so long to reply. We are continually trying to improve the guest experience and give customers the best value for their money. We are a limited service hotel, which limits us and our offerings. However, we do have a fitness centre that has 3 machines to use. With a smaller space, it is difficult to provide some equipment that a full service hotel would have and maintain the great prices. We have added items to our continental breakfast including waffles, fruit, oatmeal, and hard boiled eggs. Our goal is to ensure our guests see value in the product/service we provide, while charging an affordable price. We hope that you will stay with us again, and have really benefit from your input. Thank-you so much and hope to see you again.

Reviewed April 29, 2011

Arrived late - was greeted politely and efficiently. Clean rooms, comfortable beds, nice shower - that's all we needed for a quick transit visit. Price reasonable too (booked through Priceline) (Not sure about the prices if you come in off the street,)

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jim S
Reviewed March 17, 2011

We stayed here March 11, did not have a reservation in Sault Ste Marie and came to this location on a whim. The staff at the front desk was GREAT, I personally didn't deal with her but my fiancee did. The hallway had a funky smell and i was a bit concerned but the room was clean and fresh with no smell at all.
Our room was large enough to accommodate 2 adults, an active 7 year old and 2 small dogs, all of which had been cooped up for 15 hrs.
We were so impressed we booked to stay for our return trip.
I agree with one of the other comments the Heater was a bit difficult...was no on when we entered the room and was freezing in there, but once we turned it on and went for supper it was warm, not sure how to adjust it properly but there is heat.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family