“concerns”

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ANDREW S

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Reviewed October 13, 2012

The exterior facility is poorly maintained. The Howard Johnson board outside the hotel was not lit and we drove past the hotel on our first night.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

The bed and pillows on one bed were full of a variety of hairs.
The two chairs available in the room had holes in them and stained.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank John A S
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We recently booked a trip home for Thanksgiving.,, Knowing that our travel was taking us from Kenora ON to Brockville ON, we booked a stay at the Howard Johnson Inn located in Sault Ste Marie.. we were extremely dissatisfied with our stay. The room was smelly, the carpets were so sticky that my feet needed to be cleaned after my shower and before I dressed. The walls had visible dirt marks. The bathroom had pubic hair on the floor. The furniture was distressed and stained... we were so tired from our drive of 14 hours that we decided to attempt a sleep... we had dinner out and up the road, took the meal back to our room. We slept uncomfortably until about 2am when I couldn't take it any longer... we dressed and went to check out... While we were waiting to check out there was another guest who was also unhappy about his stay... he was unable to sleep because he was surrounded by a group of people who were loud all night... He demanded a full refund... I did not but should have... we did have future reservations for our trip home on October 13/12 but cancelled them... I did tell the front desk clerk that the plaque representing Howard Johnson's commitment to a "like HOME" stay was very untrue... My home is and never will be in that condition when I invite people to stay... and I had to pay for that visit... the room was in such a state that I was uncomfortable at the thought of letting any part of this furniture touch my skin... I have stayed at Howard Johnson hotels in Markham ON and they were not even comparable in standards... I recently stayed at Radisson Hotel in Niagra Falls and to compare the two stays would be impossible...I understand that each hotel is individually owned and run but they should not be allowed to sully the good name of Howard Johnson... suffice it to say we will never stay here again... I would sleep in my car first...

Reviewed October 7, 2012

While the staff was friendly it took them FOREVER to resolve an issue. Rooms smelled terrible...had to go buy Lysol spray to make it bearable. Shower curtrain rod was installed upside down so the curtain wouldn't stay closed at either end. Had to mop up water after every shower! Leaky tap in tub dripped all the time plus a super noisy A/C unit made for a bad nights sleep. To top it off...moldy bread at breakfast.
Would have left the first night...but everything in town was booked up solid.
Will NEVER return!