“Menu Nazi's...No menu for you!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of JC Sakura

JC Sakura
Ranked #112 of 180 Restaurants in Sault Ste. Marie
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Large groups
Ontario, Canada
“Menu Nazi's...No menu for you!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

My experience here was nothing short of a Seinfeld episode. Me and a friend ate here recently. We told the waitress we were going to order a little bit at a time. She took our first order. After that she came around and grabbed my menu and left my friends on the table. I politely told her I was still using it. She scorned us like children and said "One menu only!" and walked away with my menu lol. We couldn't believe it. Needless to say me and friend had to keep passing around a menu back and forth when the place was empty. The service here is the worst I've ever experienced. We were served by two or three waitresses and waiters and they were confused as to who was serving us and if we had put in an order. Their attitudes were very off putting.They kept coming up to us and interrupting. It was a bit much and the confusion made the experience daunting. The food was reasonably priced for sushi and Thai, and it was pretty good food. Just a shame about the horrible service. The servers don't speak good English and they were very rude. The worst I've ever seen. They really need new wait staff or teach them manners lol

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank TJ_kennedy11

None of your buisness
“Amazing food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

I first went to this restaurant wit hmy friend for her birthday, the food was great they had amazing sauces, mouthwatering desserts , and beautiful plating! The one thing i did not like was how tough the chicken was in the General Tao Chicken :'( but i loved the sauce and everything else! My first taste of sushi was there and it was great! :) My favourite part of my whole experince was two things... The watermelon slush and the Shrimp Tempura! The shrimp is flavour ful and juicy and the tempura is so crispy and delicous especially with their dipping soy sauce, the watermelon slush tasted like the whole inside of a watermelon blended! (with barley any seeds if there is it is rare) It was the most delightful lunch ever! It is my new favourite Restaurant and i have gone back 4 times so far and I brought friends with me to try this delicous food! I plan to go tonight too! And just to mention younger people like it too! I'm only 12! :)

• Visited March 2013
Canada
“This Place Will Make You Very Sick Stay Away”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

I have had lunch 3 times at this place everytime this place upsets my stomach to the point where I have diarrhea immediatley following my meal. Later my thurst is just crazy and it seems I cannot quench it. Also I get a severe headache about three hours later, is this just a coincidence I believe not because it has happened every single time. My suspicion is late they lace everything with MSG. I have never seen a warning about MSG on the menu nor have I seen them saying they don't use it. In the event that MSG is not the problem then there is something very wrong with sanitation or spoiled food I really don't know. All I have to say is that I will never be back, and advise people reading this to stay away.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank LOCOCOMPLETO
Canada
“Completely Unexpected...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

**Please read all my reviews before commenting on this - I have never posted a negative review before - please don't dismiss this review as a one-off**

It was completely unexpected... how awful the food was. As a huge fan of thai food and sushi, I've been to, no kidding, nearly 100 such restaurants across Canada and the US over the past decade and have rarely ever been disappointed - and by rarely, I mean never. I was excited to try JC Sakura - the second we walked in I should have guessed I was in for a treat. As others have mentioned, the service was quite bad. We had the waiter come back three, yes THREE times to confirm what we had ordered. He even confirmed my spelling of Pad Thai - he thought I wrote Pao Thai (with an O not a D) and was 'confused' by this. I asked him what on earth Pao Thai was... he said he didn't know - so why, knowing that you sell PAD Thai would he be confused by someone accidentally ordering something that does not exist? In addition to the 'Pao' Thai that I ordered, we got green curry and General Tao chicken. The green curry was watery beyond belief, and the general thai chicken was actually cold. Like it was still frozen in the middle... thankfully that was only one piece, the rest were cold, but not frozen. It was tasteless, the chicken was super tough, and I only ate about 10% of it. The Pad Thai was glowing orange from the amount of sauce they put on it - rendering it sweet and sticky... We had tons of leftovers left and when asked if we wanted to take any home, we said NO in unison. We weren't even asked if the food was alright. they knew... oh, they knew what they were serving. I would never go back - and thankfully won't have to because I live out of town. Anyone wanting to open a proper thai-sushi place in SSM would destroy this place in a heartbeat. Awful food.

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank iTravel_-_Around_Eh
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“The Second time is better than the first”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

This is the second time I have been to this restaurant and found it far better the second than the first. The first time I went I vowed I would probably not return.Today however the food was great, it kept coming. The service was prompt and very swift. I would go back again.

• Visited December 2012