“Great food and even better service!”
Review of Embers Grill & Smokehouse - MOVED

Embers Grill & Smokehouse
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Travelling west and stopped in the Sault for the night - spotted the sign outside of Ember's and thought I'd check it out for supper...boy was I glad that I did! I had a few glasses of wine, ordered some kangaroo and had an amazing crème brule for dessert! Meg, our server, was superb and took time to suggest some wine pairings. Would definitely stop in again!

1  Thank Alex M

Reviewed August 1, 2014

Experienced Embers for the first time tonight and was not let down. The atmosphere was wonderful. Our waitress, Amanda, was superb. And the food, oh my the food, was phenomenal. The steak was the best I've ever had, and I've had some pretty good steaks. Desert was exceptional just as we expected. Suprisingly the best part was when the check came. Little did we know the couple sitting next to us paid a portion of our bill. That is a blessing to a school kid with money hard to come by. If that couple happens to see this I just want to let them know I am very grateful for that and thank you! Now it's my turn to pass on an positive act of kindness.

2  Thank Sault_50
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

This place was recommended by the concierge at the Fairfield Marriott.

Wow...one of the best steaks I have ever had. Quiet, great atmosphere and prompt service. Reasonable prices for a good steakhouse. Everything was spiced perfectly...didn't even need to add salt to my baked potato.

Would definitely recommend.

2  Thank Chad K
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Finally made it to Embers on Friday, June 13 for dinner with a friend. Our intention was to go somewhere completely different and our attire DEFINITELY made us feel out of place, but we just joked our way through it.

We ordered two appetizers to share -- the smoked duck breast salad and the roasted red pepper and onion bruschetta. Both were delicious despite the fact that I had to pick the walnuts out of the salad (I missed that in the description, otherwise I would have ordered it without the walnuts). The duck was cooked perfectly, and paired beautifully with the blueberry dressing and goat cheese. The bruschetta was just the right amount of sweet, and the watercress was a lovely and delicate touch.

My friend ordered the smoked meatloaf with garlic mashed. She loved every bite of it and adored the homemade ketchup. I ordered the blueberry short ribs, which were delicious. They were perfectly smoked and the blueberry BBQ sauce was an ideal mix of smokey and sweet. However, the ribs weren't very meaty, so I likely won't order them again. This is not meant to be a criticism, it's just the nature of short ribs.

We shared the creme brulee for dessert -- YUMMMMMMM. Is it even possible to find bad creme brulee?

My friend and I thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience and we'll DEFINITELY be back! Looking forward to trying a steak next time.

2  Thank slackhopper
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Looked at the menu on trip advisor and chose this place. We were so glad we did. Very classy place with friendly servers. The specials sounded awesome, but we chose the meatloaf (amazing) and applewood ribs (mmmm). Don't know if I'll get back to Sault Ste Marie, but I'd love to eat there again.

1  Thank Lisa W