“5++++”

Quattro Vinotecca
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse, Contemporary, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Quattro Vinotecca is located at the Quattro Hotel & Conference Centre. It offers exceptional cuisine prepared by the city's most talented chefs and paired with an extensive wine selection. The Vinotecca atmosphere is founded on superior food served by great people in an upbeat and stylish environment.
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Omg we were very impressed by this restaurant. Literally all of our expectations were surpassed (even after reading the great TA reviews). Our server Craig was great - friendly, attentive and very knowledgeable about the menu. We had the baked brie appetizer which was yummy, perfect for sharing and a steal for $11. My husband had the rack of ribs and he didn't even need a knife to eat it. The meat fell off the bone as soon as he touched it with his fork. I enjoyed the pistachio crusted halibut very much as well and loved the wild mushroom risotto I choose as a side. Entrees come with salad. I enjoyed the house salad (mixed greens, tomatoes and cucumber with a balsamic vinagerette). My husband upgraded to a Caesar salad for an extra 75 cents and contends that it was the best Caesar salad he has ever had. Even the bread was fantastic and baked in house. Honestly our only problem at this restaurant was deciding what to order because every item on the menu sounded amazing. Wine selection was excellent as well with a wide variety available by the glass. With an app, a martini and glass of wine for me, two draft beers for my hubby and our entrees we expected the bill to be much higher than the $120 it ended up being. We expect this type of food in Montreal or Toronto not a small city like SSM. Don't leave the Soo without eating here!

Tricia L, Manager at Quattro Vinotecca, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

We believe that is the first review to date that started with ‘Omg’. And we just love what came after it. No complaints on surpassing your expectations. I’m sure you can appreciate how much it warms our hearts when we are compared to a great dining experience in a big centre. Certainly Quattro has a menu full of creative and divine dishes from our fabulously talented Q kitchen staff. We want the world to know how great it is! The house baked bread is a definite bonus and we’ve heard a thing or two about having a great Caesar salad. Being tagged as the best on anything is so extremely flattering. Glad you enjoyed your meal and we hope to see you again on your next visit to the Soo. Don’t leave without eating here again!

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Went with a colleague to the hotel for a business trip early in december. We didn't had much time on the afternoon and wanted something quick yet good enough.

We told the waitress we had to eat quick and she was very nice with us. Service was impeccable, never had to ask for water and she explained to us the menu. I chose some sausage pasta and we were serve very quickly. The meal was delicious. We even had the chance to talk a little with the manager Mr Duhaime who told us a little bit about the region of sault ste-marie!

Best thing is, it wasn't expensive at all! We would certainly go back!

If you're looking for a great looking restaurant with wonderful staff, good food and very reasonable cost, look no further!

Tricia L, Manager at Quattro Vinotecca, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Thank you for the 5 star review! We love that you had a great Quattro experience and that we were able to service your meal in good time but not compromise the quality. Our servers are second to none! And Mr. Duhaime is certainly a key member of our Management Team and a great resource for things in around Sault Ste. Marie. We truly appreciate you taking the time to give us your comments. We look forward to seeing you and your colleagues on your next business trip.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I was in the Soo for business, and wasn't sure where to go for dinner until I called a colleague. Quattro was the first suggestion he had to offer. I wasn't sure if I had time before my flight, so I asked the bartender if he thought we could do it in time. To my pleasure, the food was excellently sequenced, with the salad followed by the steak and potato coming out very timely and tasting great!
Great food, excellent service with a smile at a very reasonable price. Next time I'm in town, Quattro will be on my list of stops to make!!!!

Our first review of 2014 and we are excited! What a great story and even better ending. We are extremely happy that we were able to provide you with excellent food with great service (and smiles – very important!) Thanks for taking the time to give us your comments and we look forward to being on your list of stops next time you’re in the Soo.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

While passing through the Sault again, i decided I had to eat at Quattro again. When I arrived I noticed that they had changed their menu since my last visit. At first I was a little hesitant since it was so good last time, sometimes with restaurants change isn't always a good thing. WOW, had their "new" Q filet and it was even better than the previous incarnation, the crispy onions are to die for!! Every thing was as good if not better than their previous menu, Can't wait to come back!!

Tricia L, Manager at Quattro Vinotecca, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Change is never easy and we have to admit, a few of us staffers were also skeptical when the new menu came out because we feared losing some of our favourite dishes. How could you possibly top perfection? But somehow, the Q kitchen managed to tweak a few recipes and make them even better. (like the crispy fried onions!) Join us in the new year when our chefs create a little bit more magic. Thank you for taking the time to give us your comments! We appreciate you taking the time and look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

In early October I was travelling through Sault Ste Marie and had occasion to stay at the Comfort Suits. I was sitting at the bar in Quattro's watching the hockey game and observed the restraint in action. It was an extremely busy night with a constant flow of people looking to be seated. Megan, who was organizing the seating was very professional, explaining the waiting list, giving people the option to wait at the bar or returned to their rooms to relax and she would call them when their table was ready. She even took down people's cell numbers in case they wanted to go out while waiting. Craig, who was working the bar, on one occasion overheard that a couples table had been given away by another employee by mistake and offered the couple a drink on his expense until the problem could be rectified. I also overheard an elderly gentleman complaining that he wasn't served properly. After talking to his server Magan, I learnt that she was constantly at their table asking if she could get them anything. I believe that this guy is a professional complainer who will see just what he can get for free. In the end Magan did what ever she could to make the man happy.
In my opinion the staff at Quattro's are very professional, and accommodating. I would recommend them to anyone.

1  Thank Jayme P
Tricia L, Manager at Quattro Vinotecca, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

What a great review. Thanks for taking the time to be so thorough. We are thrilled by the fact the efforts of our servers did not go unnoticed. They work very hard to keep our patrons satisfied - using their own judgement to remedy situations as needed. Our appreciation for your favorable observations, fantastic review and kind words about Quattro Staff. We look forward to serving you again on your next stop in Sault Ste. Marie.