“Low Price, Perfect Stay”
Review of Ambassador Motel

Ambassador Motel
Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Sault Ste. Marie
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Having two cats with me, I was surprised by how amiable the owners were to pets (another motel had already turned me down). It was great!

I found the rooms to be clean, orderly, and had all the amenities needed, especially for that low price of 78.00.

What a stay, I'd certainly come back!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Lex_k_lemon
There are newer reviews for Ambassador Motel

Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Had everything we needed and was very clean And quiet. The kids enjoyed the pool and playground very much but my youngest stepped in dog poo near the playground, eew. It was easy to get in and out of Sault Ste Marie staying along the major highway and yet out of the way enough that it was very quiet. Great value.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Charmaine C
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We actually found this retro-style motel in the CAA guide because it didn't come up in the list of hotels on Trip Advisor (for some reason it's incorrectly listed as a B&B). It is at the north end of Great Northern Rd. where there are many hotels/motels of varying quality and price. There are also quite a few restaurants on the same road. The Ambassador was very welcoming due to the gracious hosts (and their dog). The room was clean and the beds comfortable. The water pressure in the shower was good. The room had a coffee maker, microwave and small fridge. Overall it was a nice basic motel at a very reasonable rate ($84 with a CAA discount).

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cathy P
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We were delighted with our stay at the Ambassador Motel. The owner was so helpful and pleasant, the room was large and clean and the price was great. We just chanced upon it as we drove in from days in the north on Highway 17; I would highly recommend it. I understand their fish and chips are excellent; sorry we didn't try it but we were a little tired of fish and chips by this time.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bathsenior
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Was in town visiting family and arrived late stopped here for what was supposed to be one night as it was late and i was tired. Was greated by the morst friendly "staff" a dog named Ellie. the price was reasonable and after a comfortable night's sleep, and a cup of coffee from the in room coffee pot, i knew i had stumbled on something special. The real selling point was when our son spent hours playing frisby "with Ellie, the staff dog" in the acres of well groomed lot in the backyard. After a swim in the backyard pool and a delicious lunch from the on site fry stand we decided to stay for our entire 4 night trip. We will be staying here on all futer visits to the Sault.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Danielle L
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I arrived around 9 pm on the 30th of June just to find a very unprofessional and impolite person who pulled the pen out of my hand while I was filling out the document for check in. It started by me asking for the price and when he told me the price I said that I saw it for $10 cheaper down the road. His only reply was. “Don’t waste my time”. I said .Wow that’s polite but the price is ok and I would like to check in. He replied that he has 3 rooms left and it is the long weekend. In fact I want you to go down the road. I don’t want you business. He pulled the pen out of my hand and walked away.
This was an angry person who should not work in the service industry.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
6  Thank wiecze
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I came across the Ambassador after a long day and dark evening of driving in the rain. Drove past because of the shabby exterior but came back when the bustle and lights of downtown were unappealing to a tired traveler. Great decision! Friendly front desk, OK rooms, comfy beds with quality sheets and pillows, lots of open space to walk the dog, and a really nice enclosed pool in the back yard. Quiet area, easy to the highway, couple of minutes to the downtown. Price very reasonable for what you get. Looks like the on-site burger and frie shack would be yummy, but not open in the off-season or late at night. Returning through the Sault a few months later, I had no hesitation in calling ahead to book a room (recommended as they only have a few dog-friendly rooms). Same good stay this time. You may want to take a room-freshener or candle as the dog-friendly rooms are smoking rooms, but neither of mine were overly smoky and opening the patio door and lighting a candle quickly aired it out. If you're looking for a high-end experience, this isn't it, but if you want a nice quiet place with an exceptional pool, comfortable beds and lots of room for your dog to roam, this a very good motel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo