“Flea Bag Motel”
Review of Bel Air Motel

Bel Air Motel
Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Sault Ste. Marie
Reviewed July 18, 2012

SO gross. Absolute worst place I've ever been into-and I'm a social worker.
I didn't want to touch anything. Stains on chairs, floors. Bedding was dirty-hairs on pillow, makeup from previous guest on sheets=NASTY.
Shower had dirt on floor=never cleaned.
Bedding is likely the original-disgusting to think of how many people did who knows what on it and it's likely been washed once or twice. I wouldn't even let my dog sleep here.
AVOID AT ALL COSTS. ASK TO SEE A ROOM BEFORE BOOKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you stay here, you must have loooooooooooooooow standards...
YUCK YUCK YUCK.
I ran... refused to sleep here.

Room Tip: ASK TO SEE ROOM BEFORE BOOKING! You might as well spend the 20$ more and go stay at a quality inn o...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
belair15, Manager at Bel Air Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2012

The room was perfect when you checked in. After you left we checked the room next day. The bathroom was used, the beds were used and had your pets hair on sheets and comforters. It took about a day to remove all the sheded hair from the room.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

The rooms are large,and very clean. The staff was very friendly and the value was extremely good.I would definately stay there again. I want to mention that this motel has laundry facility also we cleaned our cloths. The wireless internet was working very good and we got excallent sleep. We will stop here again on our way back and we would recommend to everyone.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
belair15, Manager at Bel Air Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Good Afternoon, We wanted to thank-you for posting a review of our motel We hope you will continually enjoy your stay for years to come, and will do everything we can to ensure you are 100% satisfied.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Online pictures must have been from 20 years ago because it hasn't been updated since then. If I hadn't already prepaid, we would have left and I seriously considered biting the bullet and doing it anyway. the 'suite' we were in was 3 queen beds pretty much side by side. Had a beautiful red velvet love seat blocking the door. We left on the Agawa Canyon Train and they shut off the A/C while we were out so we came back to a stifling hot room that we turned the A/C on full blast and didn't get cool until about 3 AM. Stay far away

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights while taking the Agawa Canyon Train. The motel was fantastic, one of the better ones I have stayed in. We had a peaceful stay, our room was clean and comfortable and the price was very reasonable. Also after arrival from the train tour we found that our rooms were cleaned. The staff was very friendly and showed us a great restaurant for dinner.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Matt N
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Good Evening, The team here wanted me to thank-you for the review. We all hope to work with you again in the future. Have an awsome summer season!

Reviewed June 30, 2012

I had an experience very similar to the other bad review.
Looked online and it seemed like a nice place, I arrived and discovered the "free in room movies" are a selection of old VHS which you can watch in your room provided it has a player.
Go to my room and think its ok, then find the shower and toilet are leaking water continuously, thats not bad so I go to watch tv, it doesn't work, no sound wrong remote useless.
Go to the front and ask for a refund, "sorry only within 30 min and its been 32 min also no refunds for reservations" all right so lets go see another room, I get brought to a smaller room that smells doesn't have a fridge overall a downgrade, I start unloading my stuff and find the door doesn't work, I slam it nothing. The manager comes over, it takes both of us pushing on it to close, he says there you go.... wow
So I am stuck, go inside look around, every light shade is broken, huge spider web on the bed side lamp.
My message to other is go literally anywhere else, its not only a bad hotel but run as a terrible business.

Room Tip: Dont come here...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Nick D
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review; guest feedback is extremely important to us. Your experience seems to differ from the majority of the reviews on this site.When we had check the room there was no water leaking from the toilet or the shower, we checked the time you had checked in and the time you had wanted the refund and it was two and half hours after which no hotels nor motel can give. Also we agreed to give you a different room to your satisfaction and you said you were satisfied with room. We are sorry you had an unpleasant stay, therefore I would appreciate if you contact me so that we can discuss your experience further.

Kind Regards,

Neal.
General Manager.

Reviewed March 2, 2012

Really good stay here, we were given a really good rate, the beds were comfortable, the rooms were cleaned almost daily with an excellent free internet connection. Really friendly service aswell. I'd happily return here again and would reccomend it to anyone visiting Sault.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Chloe S
belair15, Manager at Bel Air Motel, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2012

Good Morning, Thank you very much for providing such wonderful feedback via Tripadvisor .It is always a pleasure having you stay at our motel. It is our goal to give the customer the most value for their dollars.

Thank you again for your time. We cannot wait to host you at our motel upon your next stay.

Reviewed March 1, 2012

Great people, great service and nice room. I would recommend this to anyone who wanted to stay in Sault Ste. Marie. Fridge and microwave were in the room so I was able to heat up food from home and eat. Free internet, so I can check my emails. Truly recommended!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Dale R

Good Morning, It is a great pleasure having you stay at our motel.We thank you for writing a review of our motel property and glad that you enjoyed your stay at our motel.