“Two years later, food as good as first visit.”
Review of Shogun Sushi

Shogun Sushi
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Stopped in for a meal while passing through the Sault for the second time in two years. Continues to have a very good variety and portions. Excellent service - no problems at all. Went with two companions who had never tried sushi before and they thoroughly enjoyed their first-time experience.

Tthe quality is the same as it was the first time I went there two years ago.

There are newer reviews for Shogun Sushi

Reviewed July 30, 2014

I went here for my birthday dinner (first time coming here, also the last time)... this experience wasn't anything to celebrate. The waitresses acted annoyed and uninterested while we looked over the menu. The menu itsself was sticky and gross. One of our pieces of sushi was clearly old and not edible. I'm not trying to be rude, but they should brush up on their English... when we asked questions about the menu they didn't seem to understand what we were saying and made us feel stupid for asking. Overall it was a stressful and unhappy experience... too bad, I love sushi.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Overall service was great, the only thing I didn't appreciate was the waitresses hovering over my table. My husband grabbed the last roll from one of the plates and barely took it off when a girl had grabbed the plate from underneath him. The food itself was so-so tasted more like grocery store left overs. Wouldn't make a second trip.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

When we went, there was only a fixed price, all you want menu. Sounds like a great deal, but in fact unless you have all evening, you'll never get your money's worth. Service was not particularly attentive, and combined with our reluctance to waste food, we only tried a few items before the staff was cleaning tables, and making obvious signs they were done for the day. The sushi was just average, and the (greasy) menu was little help in describing items.

Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

We went and ordered the all you can eat lunch. While the restaurant is a bit smaller the staff and food more than make up for it. A must try is the Miso soup and the spicy salmon roll. We have never had a bad experience there.