“Nature at it's finest!”

Agawa Canyon Tour Train
Ranked #1 of 7 Tours in Sault Ste. Marie
Type: Rail Tours, Tours
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My husband and I have been wanting to make plans to go to Canada to experience the Agawa Fall Train ride out of Sault Ste Marie and we finally did it and was not disappointed. The train leaves 8:00 am and returns 5:30 pm. The leaves were at their height and very breathtaking. It is 114 miles long and stops for an hour and a half at the 114 mile. We had beautiful weather which was a definite plus. You can get a picnic lunch on the train to take with you or there is a canteen they set up that you can buy lunch or snacks. A lot of people brought their own food which you are allowed. Warning....it is not cheap so unless you don't mind paying the prices pack your own picnic lunch or snacks for the ride. I would recommend you bring a book or a game or cards for the way back. Going is exciting and new and coming back is just as beautiful but it is 10 hours long from the time you get at the station and get on board so it gets a little tiring. It is well worth it and we are very happy we did it. Biggest recommendation ...take snacks and picnic lunch yourself.

4  Thank JohnNJeanie
There are newer reviews for Agawa Canyon Tour Train

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I had the pleasure to visit the Agawa Canyion via the Agawa Canynon Tour Train . I arrived in S.S.M. the day prior and was elated to be able to reserve a seat for the next day! Unfortunately it rained and as a result the engineer had to reduce speed, which cut our time in the canyon by one hour. This was announced over the P. A. System!
Algoma Central Railway does not guarantee perfect weather, and so I made the best of it, sat back and enjoyed the view, which was awe inspiring inspite of the rain, and I made some wonderful friends along the way.
I found the staff at the station and on the train knowledgable and pleasant, and I recommend this trip to anyone who has not been, as a matter of fact I am planning on doing it again, next time with my grandchildren!

2  Thank Eva B
Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

Our late September trip to Agawa Canyon was awesome! Brilliant colors in the trees and beautiful picturesque scenery. The numerous lakes seen along the way were peaceful and looked inviting to this fisherman. In addition, the waterfalls at Agawa Canyon were breathtaking. Well worth the day's excursion. We sat on the street side of the train (vs station side) and thought that was a good choice, though there's not a bad view from either one.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

The colours this time of year (late September) were spectacular. Large windows for viewing from the train. Good information relayed over p/a system. Lots of time to walk around at the canyon and take photos. Bridal Falls was very picturesque as were some of the smaller falls. Food and drink readily available for purchase on the train. Seats very comfortable and for the return trip seats are reversed so no one has to ride backwards (unless they want to).

2  Thank Calicat60
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Our train was great except for the dirty windows that needed cleaning on the inside so bring your windex cleaner. Our photos mostly were unusable because of the dirt/grime showing in most of the pictures! Also the train company should have a "SMALL KIDS TRAIN CAR" just for small children!!! OR AN TRAIN CAR FOR SENIOR CITIZENS!! Our trip was basically ruined by two small children crying and screaming for eight hours! Do not bring your small children on a eight hour train ride you stupid parents - its boring for them after the first fifteen minutes and they are too young to remember the trip anyway.. Running up and down the aisle is dangerous as the train is always moving and rocking sideways. Leave your small children at HOME.

6  Thank jimini_99