“Places my wife and I enjoy”
Review of Fresco European Grill - CLOSED

Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Good food, great service at reasonable price. My wife and I dine there fairly often and I take business associates there for a nice quiet lunch that they are always impressed with

2  Thank Graham F

Reviewed November 22, 2012

I have had a couple decent meals at Fresco but my latest experience was not a good one. The special the evening we went was Prime Rib, so we assumed it would be fresh and delicious - not the case. We later found out it was left over from a banquet and they just heated it up on the grill. It was tough and cold in the middle. This left a bad taste in my mouth (literally and figuratively) - usually when you order a special or feature it is something that is freshly made, not last nights leftovers. We won't be back .

Reviewed November 2, 2012

This is a newer dinning location in our city. With the wonderful selection of Italian restaurants to choose from we welcome an alternative. Enter Fresco, the Mediterranean menu offering some novel selections within the realm of European cooking. All of the necessary items are present, friendly staff, competitive pricing, a selection of wines and menu choices that offer something for everyone.
When my wife and I dine out at a fine dining establishment it is intended to be a notable occasion, such as an anniversary, birthday or other special celebration. At times like this I look forward to enjoying a special meal, the company of my dear lady and an atmosphere befitting the occasion.
Sad to say either my standards are a bit too high or I am looking in the wrong location. When the entree of sole is overcooked, I can overlook it. On a return visit if the wait staff is harried and stressed I can understand, however when it happens routinely, I don't think it's my unrealistic hopes.
My overall reaction to this restaurant is that they have a good idea but are lacking in the execution. I find that there has been some component of fine dinning missing on each of my attempts to frequent this eatery.
A really good idea, with a realistically attainable level that hasn't quite been reached yet. Hopefully you will have a wonderful time, should you choose to eat here.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Was very disappointed in food and taste. Not one to suggest to anyone they cna make their own informede decisions . Staff was great but food was just not what it used to be.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

"Portuguese food" didn't really ring any bells for me prior to this visit, but oh my! The shrimp seasoned with special Portuguese peppers, were delicious with a unique after-bite that was most memorable! Of the three entrees we ordered, the stand-out was a Portuguese dish of cod, onions, potatoes, in a cheesy bechemel sauce--so good, my companions stopped eating their food and concentrated on sharing my yummy, comfort-food delicacy. Salads and chicken marsala were fine, and the grilled cod was . . . grilled cod. Nothing wrong with it, but go for the chef's specialties. He knows what he's doing!

3  Thank SunnyStPaulMN