Holiday Inn Express - Sault Ste. Marie
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Sault Ste. Marie
Toronto, Canada
“Great”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Awesome hotel. The room was clean. The TV and the microwave in the room were very modern. The bathroom was very clean and had plenty of towels. The pool was clean, open, and the jacuzzi and sauna were lovely. Would definitely come back. The front desk was very helpful and the breakfast in the morning was great, if a little crowded. There was only one woman cleaning up the tables and replacing the food.
I had to go to the front desk to get a comb and some towels, but it was only one person there and it was quite busy. So maybe have more people on hand.

Room Tip: Make sure to wake up for the morning breakfast.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
HotelsKingston, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Sault Ste. Marie, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you for sharing this feedback. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that you were able to take advantage of all of our wonderful amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I walked in to the hotel and asked what the rate was. I then went next door to see how much that hotel is. I am travelling across the country on a budget. We decided this was the better hotel for various reasons and came back. This time the other front desk person waited on me. I said hello and asked if any rooms were available. He replied by saying "Weren't you just here?" I said yes. He then turned to the other worker and asked what she had quoted me on a room. She was on the phone and not available to answer. He said he had a room and told me the price. I said, "Great. That's $10 cheaper than it was 10 minutes ago!" because he did in fact quote me $10 less than the other agent had. He just looked at me. When he asked for my postal code and brought up my address, I said "Sure, that'll work" as it wasn't my exact mailing address, but was the name of the closest community I live in. I guess he didn't appreciate that comment, but he asked me again what my address was. Perhaps he thought I was lying, I don't know. Julien was not at all friendly - only telling me what he needed to with no friendly conversation. Funny, when I was taking in my luggage from the car I heard him having a great conversation with another couple asking where they were travelling and such. I am 2000 km from home and have been travelling for two days with two small children. I am tired and would like to see a friendly person, especially when I am shelling out so much money for a bed. Perhaps he didn't like what I had said, but I had no ill intention. The worst part was that I was going to my room and only 5 feet away from the desk when I heard the other worker ask him what I had said. As they began to have a conversation about me I turned to look and they stopped. It was as obvious to them I knew they were talking about me as it was to me. My husband, who had been watching from a distance, asked what I had done to piss them off. I have no idea......

Hotel is great. I love the free self laundry services, just remember to bring laundry detergent as they do not sell any. I just wish my experience with the front desk staff had been better. Think I"ll skip the Holiday Inn next time. Two nights in a row at this chain was enough.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate you taking the time to share this feedback about your recent experience at our hotel and we are sorry to it’s not more positive. Providing exceptional customer service to all of our guests is very important to us and something we place a great deal of emphasis on so we are surprised to receive these comments. I will be sure to share this review with the rest of the management team so that your concerns may be promptly addressed. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel otherwise. Thank you for this review.
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in August and were pleasantly surprised at how nicely it has been upgraded, right down to the smallest detail. The free hot breakfast was the highlight. Everything was fresh, and there was good variety. Everyone there was very helpful, including setting us up on wifi, and helping my daughter use the pancake-making machine. The beds were very comfortable. The only slight issue was that the wifi was a bit weak at times and we would get dropped. As it was free, I just reconnected. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
HotelsKingston, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Sault Ste. Marie, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for this lovely review and we appreciate your recommendation. Our entire property was recently renovated and we’re very pleased to hear that you like the improvements so much. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again.
Saginaw, Michigan
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Traveling to manitoulin Island, Ontario and needed a rest stop for the night. Great hotel, good people - friendly, helpful, accommodating. Hotel is across the street from a shopping mall. Good restaurants near by.

Quiet. A good nites sleep. Good breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelsKingston, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Sault Ste. Marie, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for deciding to stay with us. We’re pleased to know that you had a short but comfortable stay. Please keep us in mind the next time you are passing through. Happy travels!
Troy, Michigan
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Absolutely beautiful hotel, everything was kept absolutely spotless. Every member of staff I interacted with was kind and charismatic, and the breakfast they served in the morning was delicious. The room was excellent, with possibly the most comfortable bed I have ever felt. nice pool, love the playground, nice lobby.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ree b
Mississauga
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel on a business trip. The location is great, right across from a mall and not far from local restaurants. The casino is also a short walk away.

The room I stayed in was very new and clean. The bed was comfortable and there was internet available in the rooms. The staff were incredibly friendly and accommodating to get you what you needed.

Great place to stay for business.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
HotelsKingston, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Sault Ste. Marie, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for this very lovely review. It is wonderful to know that you enjoyed everything about our hotel, from our central downtown location to the newly renovated guestrooms to our amazing staff. We hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in Sault Ste Marie.
Regina, Canada
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here after driving from Saskatchewan, the night auditor was great, got us checked in right away and was very friendly. The hotel is very modern and clean, beds were comfy, the rates were reasonable for a new hotel, and it was really easy to find!

• Stayed July 2013
HotelsKingston, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Sault Ste. Marie, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for this review. We are very pleased to know that we were able to provide you with a comfortable place to rest after a long drive. Customer care is very important to us and we always strive to provide the highest level of service… even during the night. I will be sure to share your compliments with the rest of the management team.