“Everything you need for business”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Sault Ste. Marie Waterfront
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Sault Ste. Marie
Reviewed June 11, 2011

This is a typical Delta property. Recently renovated, with clean rooms, solid in-room internet, great staff, and meeting facilities galore. The lobby lounge and restaurant are a decent option in a town where finding a good meal can be a challenge, especially at odd hours. One piece of advice, though: pass on the breakfast buffet. It's overpriced, and unless you get there early, picked-over and cold.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Sarah0582, Guest Satisfaction Survey at Delta Hotels by Marriott Sault Ste. Marie Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2011

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your review via TripAdvisor on June 12th, 2011. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

We transitioned into Delta in January of 2010. Since then, we have been operating on a much higher level of service, to which we are very proud of. Our major renovations included a facelift from 'head to toe' along with the introduction of View Restaurant. As per your comment regarding our breakfast buffet, it is not of our service standards for our breakfast buffet to be picked-over and cold. We will be looking into this immediately.

Should you have any further feedback, please do not hesitate to email me at swhistance-smith@deltahotels.com.

Have a wonderful summer!

Guest Services Supervisor

There are newer reviews for Delta Hotels by Marriott Sault Ste. Marie Waterfront

Reviewed May 14, 2011

We chose the Delta for our 8 night stay at Sault Ste Marie whilst visiting family. We were more than impressed with the cleanliness of the room (we chose a deluxe room due to the length of our stay). I am very picky with hotels and I honestly couldn't fault this one. The staff were all very very friendly and extremely helpful at all times, day or night. Wendy who works on the front desk was especially helpful and made us feel really welcome from the minute we got there, even saying after a few days that she felt like part of the family! The room was cleaned thoroughly every single day, and re-stocked daily with everything that we needed. There was one very small maintenance issue which was dealt with within minutes of a phone call to reception. There were no safety deposit boxes in the room, but we were able to put our documents in the safe behind reception with no problems at all. The young man that worked at the gym/pool area was also very friendly and polite. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: The rooms with a river view are amazing
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Sarah0582, Guest Services Supervisor at Delta Hotels by Marriott Sault Ste. Marie Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2011

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your kind review via TripAdvisor on May 14th, 2011. It was a pleasure hosting you during your visit to 'The Soo' and welcoming you as our guest.

We take great pride in our property and our service. We strive everyday to ensure that our guests receive the service that they deserve. Judging from your response, we did just that - right from the check-in process with Wendy, to your pool experience with our lifeguard to your departure.

We certainly hope to welcome you back once again in the future. Have a wonderful summer!

Reviewed April 26, 2011

Stayed here for just one quick night in early April while in town on business. The hotel is a former Holiday Inn which was been updated with a pretty extensive renovation. The hotel is now modern, clean, and offers great value. The rooms are decent size and well furnished. The beds are excellent. The location is right on the water with a pleasant boardwalk and a large shopping mall across the street. This is probably the best place to stay in all of Sault Ste. Marie.
The best feature = Clean, quiet, spacious rooms with new bath fixtures.
The not-so-best feature = The food at the restaurant is good, but not great.

Room Tip: Ask for something with a view of the water
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Sarah0582, Guest Services Supervisor at Delta Hotels by Marriott Sault Ste. Marie Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2011

Dear BigPI8Man,

Thank you very much for your kind review on TripAdvisor, posted on April 27th, 2011. It was a great pleasure hosting you at Delta Sault Ste. Marie and welcoming you as our guest. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I'm certainly looking forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Sarah Whistance-Smith
Delta Sault Ste. Marie Waterfront Hotel and Conference Centre

Reviewed March 3, 2011

With another nice new hotel to choose from in town I still stayed at the Delta, formerly Holiday Inn. I submitted a survey and was given a nice response from the local hotel managment, but there was one item not covered on the survey that I did complain about when I felt there was somebody that cared. WRONG. No response, no redress. This is an older hotel with cosmetic upgrades, and it is still and old building. The heater in my room was all or nothing. Sauna or freeze. Parking/access disjointed. I never commented on the fecal matter I noticed, but let me say for the price of the place I would expect prompt responses, cleanliness, and better indoor air temperature control. I didn't hunt for bedbugs, but after staying here I thought it would be prudent to leave my luggage out in the car for a few days to freeze and kill anything I brought home. Not a positive vote of confidence I would say.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Sarah0582, Guest Services Supervisor at Delta Hotels by Marriott Sault Ste. Marie Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2011

Dear ncix,

As the Guest Services Supervisor, it is my goal to ensure that our guest's expectations are met at an exceptional level. As our valued guest, it should none other than to be expected that your stay is top notch.
I understand the importance of recognizing and resolving guest concerns which is why I would like to invite you to speak with me at your earliest convenience. I can be reached via email at swhistance-smith@deltahotels.com or by telephone at (705)949-0611.

I am looking forward to our conversation.

Reviewed February 22, 2011

when i rented this hotel, the manager said to me himself that if i had a party in my room that the police will be called and i will not receive a refund when that was not what i intended to do. i was insulted to say the least, and the hotel was over priced

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Murzle

Dear Moepropane:

As the Guest Services Supervisor, my goal is to ensure that everybody who enters our doors receives high quality service. My impression of your review is that you did not recieve the high quality service that we are known for and for that I apologize. Please email me at swhistance-smith@deltahotels.com so that we can discuss and resolve your concerns in person.

Thank you for your time.

Reviewed January 21, 2011

Not much to say. Back again for another business trip. Just a good quality hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you very much for your kind review on TripAdvisor, posted on January 24th, 2011. It was a great pleasure hosting you at Delta Sault Ste. Marie and welcoming you as our guest. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I'm certainly looking forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed December 31, 2010

I honestly wasn't expecting much from this hotel as it isn't in a major city or near any major attractions. Boy was I wrong. They hotel has recently been remodelled and honestly looks brand new. The rooms are very modern and the staff is the nicest I have ever encountered at any hotel. We even got a free upgrade (without even asking) to a suite that cost over double what we paid.
The work out room had a good selection of equipment and the pool was nice. There was even staff handing out goodie bags of little games and treats to kids staying at the hotel. It was the little extras such as this that left a lasting impression on me.
The only down side was that portion sizes at the resturant were very small for the price. The food was great but I probably would go elsewhere next time.
Overal, great hotel!