Stayed 4 nights at this property. As mentioned by others, it's handy to the casino, canal boardwalk, the tourist train, and shopping mall with anchors of Sears and Zellers. Front doors are manual - which is a pain when you've got luggage. The lobby renovation is almost complete, but the rooms are lacklustre.
Carpet is newer, but furnishings included old medium blue chairs and a beige couch had stains and wear. Long coffee table. Picture on wall was terribly faded, and the bedspread and drapes are past their best before date. Bathroom is adequate but dull. Free wireless highspeed in rooms; they have adapters at front desk. No fridge or microwave. No free breakfast. My room had the angled windows, which gave a nice view of the area. There's a Central Fire Station on the west side that can be a bit noisy.
Fitness area is a glassed-in corner of the pool deck. Minimal equipment, but the treadmill and stairmill are new. Eliptical was jerky and noisy. Televison and room air conditioner, but no water cooler, fans, towels, and nothing to clean the equipment. The pool, whirlpool, and co-ed sauna are fine; there's painted pictures on the pool walls to distract you. That area is open until 11pm.
There's a young woman at the front desk that's well suited to her job: bubbly, outgoing.
I had supper at the Grand Festa onsite restaurant. It was very good. Room service is available.
SSM Ontario hotels seem to need something to raise the bar on quality; I was in the lobby of Holiday Inn and saw the pool, fitness, and public washroom - I can see why reviews of that hotel are negative. Yeach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 108 beautifully appointed rooms & suites, full service hotel. Indoor pool, sauna, hot tub & fitness centre. Restaurant & Lounge. Four Meeting & Banquet rooms ,Business Centre. Choice Hotels 2015 Platinum award winner, top 3% of all of Canada for Guest satisfaction,Room Cleanliness and Product Quality . Located in downtown Sault Ste. Marie, On. directly across from the Agawa Canyon Tour Train, Station Mall, Essar entertainment centre, River Boardwalk, Mill Market and only 1 block from the casino and the closest hotel to The International Bridge between US and Canada. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Choice Hotels, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites Bay Front reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn Bay Front Hotel Sault Ste. Marie
- Sault Ste. Marie Quality Inn
- Bay Front Quality Inn
- Quality Inn Sault Ste. Marie
- Quality Inn & Suites Bay Front Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario