I've been to this hotel twice now, over the last couple of years, and both times it's been great.
Located right across from the Station Mall, you're in the heart of everything downtown. It's steps from the Essar Center, a min-walk from the Station Mall, and not five-minutes from the casino.
There was a wedding in town this weekend when friends and I came up, but beyond seeing the bridal party at the very beginning Saturday afternoon, they were extremely quiet and you never noticed them.
The room was spotless, internet connection great, bathroom clean. The one thing we noticed, which should be an easy fix, was the TV had serious static all night. We found it difficult to find a station that was clear, though we managed to get a semi-clear signal for the Tigers/Boston baseball game. For us, it wasn't a huge deal, but for someone else, that could be an issue.
Last time I reviewed this hotel, the manager suggested, in a post-review comment, that I check out the restaurant the next time I was in town. When we got into the hotel, I looked at the restaurant prices. Sorry, they're still too much for my taste. I don't have much desire to pay $25+ for a single entree, plus drinks and an appetizer on top of that. If you are looking for high-end restaurants, that's fine, but it's not my cup o' tea (or our groups, for that matter).
That said, we did have the free "hot breakfast" on the Sunday morning. It wasn't bad; somewhere between a continental and a full breakfast. Your normal bacon, eggs, sausages, toast, coffee, etc. It was free, so I couldn't complain.
All-in-all, it's a great hotel with pleasant staff (though, the one girl at the front desk was somewhat unsure about where to eat outside of the hotel, as she was new to the area) and a clean decor. It's worth going to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 108 beautifully appointed rooms & suites, full service hotel. Indoor pool, sauna, hot tub & fitness centre. Restaurant & Lounge. Four Meeting & Banquet rooms ,Business Centre. Choice Hotels 2015 Platinum award winner, top 3% of all of Canada for Guest satisfaction,Room Cleanliness and Product Quality . Located in downtown Sault Ste. Marie, On. directly across from the Agawa Canyon Tour Train, Station Mall, Essar entertainment centre, River Boardwalk, Mill Market and only 1 block from the casino and the closest hotel to The International Bridge between US and Canada. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Choice Hotels, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites Bay Front reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn Bay Front Hotel Sault Ste. Marie
- Sault Ste. Marie Quality Inn
- Bay Front Quality Inn
- Quality Inn Sault Ste. Marie
- Quality Inn & Suites Bay Front Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario