“Great downtown location”

Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Sault Ste. Marie
Fountain Hills, Arizona
“Great downtown location”
Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

We booked this hotel because of its location across from the Agawan Train Station. Central downtown location. Ample parking, slow Internet. The hotel was renovated and everything looks new. The restaurant is the weak spot here with fair to poor food.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Robear46

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Northern Ontario
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This hotel is very nice - the rooms are spacious, the beds are comfortable and the bathroom has plenty of countertop space which is important when you have two people with all their toiletries. It is right across the street from a mall which has a Tim Hortons (important for us), good shopping, a nice theatre and restaurant. Just a short walk to the casino and to the arena. Loved it!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TMac_10
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I was recently part of a group to spent the weekend at this hotel. The check in process was easy and I felt very comfortable. However the 2 nd person to arrive later, who was sharing my room (I had given the desk the name of the person) was told that I was not registred and they did not have a room for her. It was only after a further inquiry and some time, were they able to find that I had registered 2 hrs earlier and her name was on the form as the 2nd occupant. The refigerator did not work, I reported this to the front desk 3 times the first day and 2 times the next day. Aparently they had checked the refigerator on the 2 nd day but we were not made aware of this and again it was not fixed. The solution given to us by the staff, was to put a bucket of ice inside and have the fan blow the cold air around and that might help. Wonder it they got that idea when then they checked out the refigrator that afternoon (that was what we were trying) Then the toilet was sluggish on the first day and did not work on the 2nd. The maintence person did come up to plunge it and at one point asked if we would come into the bathroom and he would show us how to flush. Like I did not know how to do this!!!!. They had to move us to another room for the rest of our visit.. The refigerator did not work in that room either. On the good side, the beds were comfortable, the rooms a good size and the window alcove very pleasant. The closeness to the mall was a bonus. I hope that others had a better experience than we did.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Karen L
, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Bay Front, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Karen,

As the General Manager I take full responsibility for the guest experience. It is unfortunate that your experience here with us left you “not entirely happy”.

As a Gold Award recipient we take pride in knowing that we are amongst the Top 10% of Choice Hotels Canada.

It causes me great concern that you experienced those inconveniences, and that is not acceptable by any measure. I will be launching a quality control inquiry addressing your concerns and the defects with my staff.

We will strive to ensure your future stays with us will meet your expectations.

It is our goal to ensure you have a pleasurable comfortable stay with us.

Shane Reinhart
Quality Inn & Suites Bay Front
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in Nov 2011 and again in June 2012 for business. This is a great place to stay at, very clean and quiet, great customer service. Both stays were very enjoyable, the beds are very comfy! The rooms I've stayed in are a very nice size and had a fridge and a microwave which is nice if you're there for a few days. The free wi-fi is mostly reliable. There is a mall across the street that has a movie theatre if you're looking for something to do other than shopping.

The hotel has a pool and workout room, however I didn't have a chance to use them on either of my trips. The workout room seems to have machines that are fairly up-to-date.

A couple of things that could have been better: The cable connection to the tv was pretty bad and my card to access my room de-programmed itself several time during my stay.

This will definitely be my hotel of choice every time I travel to Sault Ste Marie.

Room Tip: The rooms with the bay windows are really nice and a little roomier.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Clarinetgirl
, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Bay Front, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
We are so please that you enjoyed your stay with us!

I just want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

I have some exciting news about our WiFi – we have made a significant investment in upgrading our entire internet and wireless internet infrastructure. Faster speeds, stronger signals, tech support, VPN client friendly, and much more.

I am also looking into the concerns with the cable and keycards.

And even more exciting news for your next visit with us; be sure to visit our all new eatery, the Bay Front Bistro. We have had extensive renovations and now a complete new look and atmosphere for our new eatery, to go along with the new menus and new staff. Be sure to check it out next time.

We look forward to seeing you again and safe travels!
Woodstock, Canada
Reviewed May 19, 2012

This hotel has been my favourite place to stay in the Soo ever since it opened. It is rightly rated as a Gold Award Winner (top ten percenter) in the entire Choice Hotels portfolio of properties.

Right across from the tour train station and downtown mall, a short walk to the riverfront boardwalk, and one block from some great restaurants on Queen St. Rooms are a decent size, but ask for one with the angled bay window and you'll get much more natural light and a feeling of more space, even though the actual space added is just about 1 square metre. Bathrooms are neat modern, and not too small. Furniture, except for rigid-back desk chairs, is comfortable and the beds are excellent.

Check in and check out are fast, friendly and efficient, and hotel staff are always glad to help with questions and give advice.

The only complaint I had on this visit was that the pool was closed for renovations. The pool and hot tub are among the more spacious ones in the Soo, and are one of the main reasons I keep coming back here. I appreciate that regular maintenance is needed, but would have preferred that a notice had been posted on the website advising of the closure when I made my booking. This is done by many other hotel chains.

We tried the onsite restaurant once for breakfast (not included) but it was pricey and not particularly good, so we went elsewhere afterwards.

Room Tip: Suites face directly towards the mall and the river. Some rooms have a bay window set at a 45 degre...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kenny0654
Quebec, Canada
Reviewed May 10, 2012

I booked there because of my Choice Privilege points, and had a nice surprise when I entered the room. I would defenitely go back to this hotel for a week-end!

Nice spacious room (I had a corner window, wow), large bathroom, new equipment.

Carpets are not dirty and are cleaned often. No bad odors at all anywhere in the hotel.

Well located not too far from the river.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank dav2z
Shane R, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Bay Front, responded to this review, May 12, 2012
I would like to thank you for taking time to post a review on trip advisor.

We are pleased that you had a "Top Notch" stay with us.

The staff take a great deal of pride in their work and are dedicated to making your experience pleasant and memorable.

On behalf of the entire staff, we thank you for choosing the Quality Inn & Suites Bay Front.

We look forward to seeing you again, and safe travels.

“Modern Comforts with Classic Elegance and exceptional service is what we do best”
Winnipeg MB Canada
Reviewed April 23, 2012

No surprises pleasant rooms friendly staff I would definitely repeat.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business