Pine Grove Motel
Comfort Inn(Sault Ste. Marie)
$67
Super 8 Sault Ste Marie ON(Sault Ste. Marie)(Great Value!)
$76
$65
$65
$63
Agoda.com
Trunk Road Motel(Sault Ste. Marie)(Great Value!)
$54
$63
Travelocity
Catalina Motel(Sault Ste. Marie)(Great Value!)
$88
$81
$69
Sleep Inn(Sault Ste. Marie)
$70
$67
Agoda.com
Ambassador Motel(Sault Ste. Marie)
$70
$66
Travelocity
Northlander Motel(Sault Ste. Marie)(Great Value!)
$60
All reviewsroom was cleanoff the highwaypleasant stayeasy accessfree wifikettlehuskytvappliancescanada
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 10, 2011

The 4 out of 5 rating is more about the value then the actual room. The hotel is older and could use some more improvement. It was clean with only some dirty caulking in the bathroom and really not that bad. The door needed a bit of force to open or close. The TV was small. Not surprising being next to the highway you do hear the traffic, but it wasn't bad.
For the good, the owner was really nice, they are dog friendly, both the regular rate and the rate I got was decent. (phone for price first, to get better rate). The floor was newer laminate which I thought looked nice and clean and seems like a great idea. My wife and I didn't have any complaints with the bed and got a good nights rest.
Overall I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Phone first and ask for pricing.. I got a better price then the guy who dropped in who checked in before me.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Halligan007
Reviewed May 15, 2011

The reservation was fine, the lady very nice, but the room was very disapointing. The reviews are misleading, for the room we had anyway. The good: cheap, the bed was comfortable and the room was "quaint" and clean. The bad: the curtains were thin and did not keep out the streetlights, never mind the sun. The toilet handle had to be held down for about a minute in order for the toilet to flush. The locks on the door were very lacking and did not make me feel secure, there was just a twist lock on the knob and an old style chain lock.

Room Tip: ask for a room with heavy drapes
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank LinlovesItaly
Reviewed December 26, 2010

Stopping for the night on my way to university I looked on tripadvisor for a place to stay and found this "gem" upon arrival "ma and pop" were friendly and went out of their way to ensure my room was close enough to the office to get good wifi signal. The room was clean homey and spotless, (I've stayed at my fairshare of hotels) and overall had a great experience overall......

The only thing I would mention, is that after showering in the morning I grabbed the towel to notice a yellow stain on the towel. (other than something that was mistakenly missed by housekeeping i had a great stay)

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed October 17, 2010

We stayed in Pine Grove the week before Thanksgiving, to take the Agawa Canyon train. The room was spotless, and the owners were friendly. For whatever reason, the water showed up with a bit yellow colour in it. It is on highway 17, but we were able to sleep very well. I would recommend this motel to anyone who plans to go to Sault Ste. Marie. It is a bit outside the town, but it is only 10 minutes drive to get to downtown.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Johnnyleo2
Reviewed September 26, 2010

We were doing a Lake Superior Circle Tour and needed a place to stay in Sault St. Marie. We took out our lap top and searched Trip Advisor for a Pet Friendly hotel.

I came across the Pine Grove and liked what I read. After 2 nights in a boring Thunder Bay Bestwestern, I was up for staying in a clean, comfortable, well maintained, "Mom and Pop" strip motel.

We were greeted by a very friendly accommodating woman who checked us in and assigned us our room (#18).

Upon entering the room, I smelled a musty smoke smell. I then noticed a sparsely furnished, small, homey room with a new pine laminate floor and a few rugs. The headboard of the bed lifted up off the floor when you sat on the opposite end of it. The bathroom had plenty of towels and good water pressure. The water was yellowish. At first I thought someone had failed to flush the toilet, but that was just the color. They must have a well. We paid up front for 2 nights, I thought it would be okay.....until I got into bed. The sheets on the bed appeared to be brand new, 100% polyester, just taken out of the package and put on the bed. I slept in my clothes because they were too rough and scratchy. I did not sleep well at all. There was no hairdryer. I noticed that there was one old outlet in the bathroom light fixture.

This is like staying at a long lost relative's guest room, on the 30 year old hard, lumpy roll-away couch. The room was "Homey" looking with 1960's era furniture and cable TV.

The motel was 70 percent occupied both nights. It appears to be very well cared for. Maybe it was just our room, because we were traveling with a dog? I would not stay here again, even though the owners were very nice. If you are looking for a place to crash for little money, then this is your place. I was looking for a little more.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple