“Very pleasant!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Sault Ste. Marie
Innisfil
“Very pleasant!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

We travelled on Thanksgiving weekend when Sault St. Marie was booming. We were able to get the last non-smoking room at the Comfort Inn. We found absolutely everyone we encountered so warm and friendly, from the front desk staff who sure had their hands full, to the ladies who kindly made up our room to the 'Zippideedoodah' breakfast lady! Loved her energy and enthusiasm! Breakfast was fresh, good variety and lots of it. Our room was clean and everything worked! We were on the ground floor right next to our entrance so I can't really comment on the rest of the hotel. I really want to thank the staff for such a pleasant stay!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
detroit
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

This place is beyond long-in-the-tooth. Outdated and dirty. The setup is the rooms surround a courtyard which means a few picnic tables for smokers to sit at 5 feet from your "window". The place is smelly like mold and the carpet is dark and filthy. The bedspread had stains on it and the bathroom floor had hairs all over it. I would avoid.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Daves-Raves-Reviews
Marilyn R, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for your comments, however, could this possibly be for the Comfort Inn in Sault Ste. Marie Michigan. You mentioned a courtyard surrounded by rooms with some picnic tables. We do not have such a layout here at Comfort Inn in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, however, Comfort Inn Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan does.
Zeeland, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stayed two nights here for our Agawa Canyon Tour Train trip. The Comfort Inn is priced fairly and very clean. We stayed on the second floor but the motel had no elevators which made it difficult with senior citizens carrying large suitcases. Plenty of free parking in a safe parking lot. Little traffic noise on the back side of the motel off the streetside. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Stay on the first floor and save your backs hauling suitcases up the stairs!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed at this hotel as my usual Comfort Suites & Fairfield were both booked. I checked in more than an hour after the official check in time and was told that my room was not ready. Really? The staff was good with switching my room, verifying that it would be available for each night of my stay. The room was adequate with very uncomfortable beds and pillows. I find that some Comfort Inns are great and some are not, it's kind of a crapshoot sometimes. The "high- speed internet access" was non-existent in my room unless I sat at my door.

I wouldn't stay here again unless nothing else was available.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

The hotel was really busy but I lucked out and got a room in the tower. A living area and separate bed area. It was clean ( soap was missing, I could have asked for it but I had some in my pack) and big. I was able to have a meeting with colleagues with no problem of space. The sleep was great and the restaurant Quattro was a great place to hang and drink. The staff were very kind and helpful. I have nothing to bad about this place. It always amazes me when the budget brand hotes shine so brightly.

Room Tip: Ask for a newer room in the tower.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Medicine Hat, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We love Linda. She made us feel as if we were at home, eventhough that was the first time we met her. Great nights stay. Very easy to find. Right off the highway as you are coming into the city from the west.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Cottage Grove, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

This is one of the best comfort inns I have stayed in. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the rooms were sparkling clean. We had our two dogs with and usually you get the worst rooms when you have pets. We had a big gorgeous clean room. I would definitely sty here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple