“Less than I expected”

Comfort Inn
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Sault Ste. Marie
“Less than I expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed at this hotel as my usual Comfort Suites & Fairfield were both booked. I checked in more than an hour after the official check in time and was told that my room was not ready. Really? The staff was good with switching my room, verifying that it would be available for each night of my stay. The room was adequate with very uncomfortable beds and pillows. I find that some Comfort Inns are great and some are not, it's kind of a crapshoot sometimes. The "high- speed internet access" was non-existent in my room unless I sat at my door.

I wouldn't stay here again unless nothing else was available.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

The hotel was really busy but I lucked out and got a room in the tower. A living area and separate bed area. It was clean ( soap was missing, I could have asked for it but I had some in my pack) and big. I was able to have a meeting with colleagues with no problem of space. The sleep was great and the restaurant Quattro was a great place to hang and drink. The staff were very kind and helpful. I have nothing to bad about this place. It always amazes me when the budget brand hotes shine so brightly.

Room Tip: Ask for a newer room in the tower.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Medicine Hat, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

We love Linda. She made us feel as if we were at home, eventhough that was the first time we met her. Great nights stay. Very easy to find. Right off the highway as you are coming into the city from the west.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Cottage Grove, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

This is one of the best comfort inns I have stayed in. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the rooms were sparkling clean. We had our two dogs with and usually you get the worst rooms when you have pets. We had a big gorgeous clean room. I would definitely sty here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Barrie, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

I was staying in Sault Ste Marie for a full week of business and The Comfort Inn was great.
If you are looking for luxury then this isn't the place... but if you want great service you shoud make a reservation if you are staying overnight.
The front desk staff was always cheerful and more than willing to help with whatever you needed. I walked in to smiles with a genuine friendly greeting each and every time.
You have to go and see Judy in the breakfast room. Its impossible to be in a bad mood after you spend 5 minutes in there. She makes sure everything is full, clean, and chats with everyone that comes in and out... If you are really lucky she sings a bit, just to make you smile. Judy is a true gem.
My room was clean and comfortable, but its the people that make this hotel great.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are bigger...with a few more creature comforts
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Petawawa, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

I stayed at this hotel only for one night. This isn't a new hotel at all and it is very obvious when you enter your room. My AC was old and not very efficient. Also you can see that the room have some age and need a better detailed cleaning. The TV seem to be the newest thing in the room, that's it. It's not a run down hotel, but to be more competitive and equal other Comfort Inn I've been, this one need a little money. The location is perfect if you only passing by. It's right next to the highway, near restaurants and a small shopping mall. The staff is very helpfull and friendly.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Winnipeg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

I have experienced a range of quality at different Comfort Inns, but this particular one was definitely at the high end of the scale.

Conveniently located just off the Trans Canada, we stayed here for a single night - a stop over as part of a longer trip, and had booked a number of weeks in advance. I got a sense that this would be a good stary immediately upon entering. The lobby was neat and organized. The staff was friendly, but more importantly, very professional. Check in was quick and straightforward.

Neat and organized extended to our room as well...and I want to add clean and well maintained to that. There is really not much I can add other than this little gem in Sault Ste Marie was a pleasant surprise and I would recommend it to anyone for a one night layover or more.

Worth noting: one typically expects toast and cold cereal at a continental breakfast, but this place included fresh scrambled eggs and bacon! Totally unexpected but greatly appreciated. The lady attending to the breakfast (Judy?) kept things moving along and made sure supplies were at hand, and I feel she had a lot to do with that wonderful breakfast. Her friendly approach - and an attitude about taking her duties seriously - appear to reflect the approach of all the employees I encountered there.

Great little hotel. Stay here!

Room Tip: Not all main floor rooms are drive up, so request that if you need.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple