The Water Tower Inn, BW Premier Collection
$168
$123
$92
$96
Sleep Inn(Sault Ste. Marie)
$82
$69
$99
$87
Comfort Inn(Sault Ste. Marie)
$81
$73
Travelocity
$73
$75
$64
Hotels.com
All reviewsthe pubcasey's restaurantoutdoor hot tubstarbucks coffeeclub cabanalive entertainmentbox lunchpool areaattached restaurantnice poolagawa canyongreat place to staynorthern ontariogreat restaurantthree nightsacross the streetfront desk staff
Reviewed June 28, 2012

After a long road trip,we arrived back home in Canada and lucked out finding this wonderful hotel. The staff could not have been more welcoming or helpful.We slept so well on the comfortable beds which were made up with luxurious sheets. The rooms were pristine and the outdoor garden facilities were charming. What a great outdoor hot tub! I am certainly looking forward to my next trip to Sault Ste.Marie......the hot tub in winter will be..hmmm.....delicious! With Thanks,Judi.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank judi1818181818
Management response:Responded June 30, 2012

Thanks for the review...we're so pleased that you are our new friend! And just to confirm your suspicions...that outdoor hot tub in the winter is "delicious"! We hope you make it back to try it!

Reviewed June 27, 2012

I stay in SSM 4-5 times a year for couple days and this is ideal for business. Good location and if you stay in "Top of the Inn" rooms, you get a few extra amenities... Well run operation and updated facilities.
This is not downtown location, but not that far and it is close to highways. Great Northern road is quite busy, but not a problem.
If only they could move the river so you could have a nicer view and access to walkways. If you want to be downtown, near river, the Delta has been updated in last year or so, and nice in summer.

Room Tip: Top of the Inn is good value for business travel.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 26, 2012

From the time we arrived to the time we left, every employee at Algoma's Water Tower Inn & Suites was curteous, helpful and friendly. The rooms were spacious and clean and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Having Casey's and Starbucks located in the same facility made the stay even better.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Thank you for the great review! Algoma's Water Tower Inn & Suites is "a Resort for the Price of a Room", and includes many on-site amenities such as the McGuffin Art Gallery, two dining venues, an expansive and unique pool area and a modern health facility. But, as you say, our employees are the "cherry on top of our sundae" and make each visit memorable. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 25, 2012

I have stayed at the Water Tower Inn many times on business trips and always enjoyed the pool and hot tub outside, the hot tub is built into the ground and is in a courtyard with a waterfall and trees. There is a really nice pool - the lighting in kept low and the walls and wood, so it's a really nice atmosphere with another hottub and a smaller wading pool with a waterfall going into it. Plus a sauna, so I highly recommend it to travellers who enjoy having a swim and a hottub.

Recently I stayed and had the staff really go over and above for me. I was only booked for one night but my plane flying out was cancelled because of torrential rains, so I had to take the shuttle back to the hotel and rebook for another night. The shuttle driver Larry was wonderful, he was waiting for a customer at the airport that was supposed to come in on the cancelled flight from Toronto, and then he stayed and waited for me to rebook my flight the next day, so I had the shuttle back to the hotel.

The front desk staff rebooked me into the exact same room with the same Sunday rate (it was cheaper on Sunday) even though it was Monday. And then I realized I had left my phone charger and my memory stick in the room the night before. The cleaning staff had put them away and they wouldn't know where the items were until later, so the front desk staff immediately said that they would mail the items to my house no charge. That was great, and they even called me at home the next day to recheck my address as I had a P.O. Box number and they were sending it by courier so needed a mailing address to send it to.

The Water Tower also has a great restaurant and bar, Casey's right attached to the hotel along with a Starbucks. And there are all kinds of places around the hotel to eat along with a Metro grocery store if you wish to pick up food.

So I highly recommed the Water Tower for all travellers, I have stayed there other time besides on business trips as I enjoyed the hotel and staff so much.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. A staff gathering was recently held here at the Inn and we all listened to Marketing guru Terri O'Reilly's "It's the Littlle Things" episode from his recent CBC radio broadcast. The staff were challenged to come up with "little things" that can make our guests' stay that much more memorable; while they had some great ideas, it became obvious that they already do many "little things" for our guests to make their stay special. Thank you for noticing and sharing how our "above and beyond" attitude at the Inn made an impression on you. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 20, 2012

My husband and I recently had our wedding reception at the Water Tower Inn and are so amazed by how perfect everything went. The food was delicious, the staff were wonderful and the setting was beautiful. We are still receiving compliments from the guests at our wedding about the food and the service at the Water Tower. I would have to say that the part I best appreciated was how the staff was constantly checking with our head table to make sure we had everything we needed and were satisfied. We very much enjoyed our stay in the Ultra Spa room - if you're looking for a room that is reasonably priced with a BEAUTIFUL bathroom and comfortable bed, I recommend this one! It's a smaller room but perfect for a wedding night or a short stay!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

Congratulations! We want all of our brides and grooms to be able to relax on their wedding day, knowing that the details are taken care of. Your wedding is our wedding, too, and perfection is a must! We are so pleased that we exceeded your expectations and were able to be part of your special day. Thank you for taking time from your exciting new life to write a review!