“Great accomodations”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Sault Ste. Marie
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Sault Ste. Marie
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Found the hotel to be spacious, modern with fashionable decor and clean. Staff were professional and friendly (especially the lovely lady working the breakfast area). Good selection of breakfast foods.
Pool and gym facilities were sufficient.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TJJ100
Rebecca H, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sault Ste. Marie, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your taking the time to post your wonderful review on TripAdvisor. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel during your recent stay. I agree our breakfast attendants are wonderful, I always find their friendly and welcoming personalities a GREAT start to the day.
Hopefully we will see you again soon.
Sincerely, Rebecca Hawdon FOM

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed 2 nights April 26/13 to the 28th. All the staff were incredible starting the day off with the lady who kept the breakfast running and stocked. This was a very very busy weekend as we were there for the midget girls Ontario basketball finals and there was also a huge hockey tournament going on so you can imagine how busy she was and did an incredible job. The housekeeping staff were some of the friendliest I have met in all of my travels and the hotel is spotless and smells amazing!The front desk was super friendly, polite and a pleasure to deal.To be honest I wasn't looking forward to coming all the way there for the basketball but you guys made my trip.I would definetly stay her again in my travels and if we are back next year I will be booking my room early.THANK YOU!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Doug G
Rebecca H, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sault Ste. Marie, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you very much for your five-star rating via TripAdvisor. Your feedback was a delight to read.

We are very fortunate to have such friendly, upbeat employees who go above and beyond to ensure that each and every one of our guests receives the exceptional service they deserve. With such a busy weekend (Telus Cup Tournament + Basketball Tournament), many people may expect less-than-adequate service but our staff are fully trained to provide service that exceed our guests expectations. Your experience with our Breakfast Attendant, friendly Housekeeping staff and prompt and courteous Front Desk staff proves just that. I assure you that our staff members will receive recognition for a job well done.

Thank you once more for your review. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back to the Fairfield Inn upon your next visit to Sault Ste. Marie!

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I have stayed here a couple times and it is a typical well-run Fairfield Inn. Efficient and helpful front desk staff. I had trouble with the wi-fi and the young lady at the desk provided an ethernet cord which solved the problem. She was also able to provide directions to where I needed to go that night when my GPS failed me.

The complimentary breakfast was very good. A nice selection of yogurts and bagels. Fruit, juices and boiled eggs.

Will definitely stay there again when I am in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Rebecca H, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sault Ste. Marie, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Dear Valued Guest, Thank You for posting your wonderful review on TripAdvisor. It's great to see that the staff was able to help you out with directions as well as getting your internet up and running. I'm also happy to hear that you like our continental breakfast. Starting April 14th we will be adding a few new items to our current selection which you will hopefully be able to enjoy on your next stay with us. Thank you again for the review and 5 star rating, we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Sincerely, Rebecca Hawdon FOM

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I'll keep this simple and sweet. I always get treated warmly there, from the simple hassle free check in to a warm breakfast greeting by Theresa who always remembers that I love to cook and shares are few meal ideas or two. It sure makes my stay more comfortable and enjoyable. The rooms are clean, service excellent and wifi speedy.

Thank you and keep up the good work! I'm my opinion, the ONLY place to stay in SSM.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Rebecca H, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sault Ste. Marie, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your five-star rating via TripAdvisor on March 19, 2013. Your valuable feedback was a treat to read.

It’s no secret that we have fantastic staff who are always warm, friendly and immediately ready to assist our guests at any given time. From the Front Desk (who are swift and friendly), to Housekeeping (who are dedicated to providing our guests a room that is clean, fresh and that reflects the highest quality standards) and, finally, to our Breakfast Attendants (Teresa, in particular, who shares meal ideas and performs her services with a big smile and a friendly demeanor), we couldn’t be more proud of our accomplishments as it relates to guest satisfaction.

One thing we can promise is that you will always receive exceptional service and that is surely why you have become one of our VIPS. The staff at Fairfield Inn & Suites SSM is looking forward to welcoming you back once more!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Modern rooms, clean and very close to restaurants, the only negative is we booked for 5 and there are only 2 towels in the room. Nice clean pool with hot tub. Pool is small but at least they have one.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting your TripAdvisor review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

I apologize for the lack of towels that were provided in your room upon arrival. It is standard for the housekeepers to leave 3 sets of towels in each room. The front desk staff are trained to inform Housekeeping when a room will be occupied by 4 or more persons. I sincerely apologize for this hindsight and assure you that corrective action will be put into place to ensure that this doesn’t happen in the future.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in the Sault.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

The staff went out of their way to accommodate us. We had an issue with our room (the light outside was bright and we felt we wouldn't be able to sleep). The manager gave us another room and helped me and my family move our things. The front desk attendant (Sarah), the breakfast room attendant, and all staff were extremely friendly and welcoming.The only reason this hotel didn't get an excellent was because of the light outside of that particular room. Otherwise, I strongly recommend you stay here!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Rebecca H, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sault Ste. Marie, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful review regarding your recent stay with us. I'm sorry to hear that the spotlights outside were shining too bright in your room. We are hoping the snow melts a bit so we can get access to the lights to have them repositioned and hopefully prevent the light from going into any of our guest rooms.

I’m very proud of the staff we have here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites. Everyone here does their best to make sure all of our guests are taken care of and feel welcome during their entire stay.

Thank you again for the review and strong recommendation. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Sault Ste. Marie.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I travel to SSM for business about once a month. I have been there half a dozen times since I moved to Ontario 8 months ago.
There was one time that I had to go with the comfort inn as the Fairfield was booked and I did not get the same experience.
Every time I go to this hotel, I get friendly staff that greet me with a smile and are very fast! It is a very nice, clean hotel, and the sleep experience is great - I never want to get out of bed in the morning here!
The breakfast is great and offers a variety of items - I love the breakfast sandwiches! They have yogurt, and milk, fruit, yogurt, cereal, toast, etc. Lots of stuff!
I went in the pool and the hot tub for the first time on my last visit and both were great. Very clean. The pool is a little small but it was good for a quick dip!

I will never go anywhere else in SSM unless I have to, and this Mariott experience is the reason I always choose Mariott.

Rewards system is awesome! I love the promotions, I gained two free night certificates from the last one!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lori B
Rebecca H, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sault Ste. Marie, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your five-star rating via TripAdvisor on February 27th, 2013. It was a great pleasure to read all of the fabulous comments regarding your past stays at our property!

Our staff is fully trained to respond to our guests in a quick, efficient fashion but it goes well beyond that. There is no doubt that they perform service straight from the heart and offer our guests service above and beyond our expectations - they truly are amazing.

I am excited to inform you that our complimentary breakfast is transitioning into something more than your usual muffins, bagels, breakfast sandwiches, etc. In April, we will be introducing our new and improved breakfast selection including (but not limited to) scrambled eggs, protein (sausage patties) and a fresh fruit selection. Our breakfast sandwich will unfortunately be discontinued but I'm confident that you will embrace our new offering!

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. It's always wonderful to hear that we are on the right track. We are looking forward to your next visit at our establishment!