“excellent stay”

“excellent stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2011

fairly new hotel - clean & comfy - great staff, good breakfast

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Weston-super-Mare, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2011

Fairly new hotel, so good clean rooms, excellent working facilites, free wi-fi in rooms and excellent rate made this a good stay.

Beds up to standard - and comfortable, with complimentary coffee/breakfast served in morning.

Good location for all Great Northern Road stores/restaurants and for the airport. And for heading north up Lake Superior and the trans Canada Highway. With a little added extra - Giovanni's restaurant right across the road - don't miss it!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2011

Booked 2 rooms at this hotel for our party of 3 twice in one week (beginning and end of a trip). This was the cleanest hotel I think I have ever stayed at, so wonderful! I did not have opportunity to eat the breakfast, as we had arrived late and were sleeping in both times... but we all found the hotel VERY quiet. You do not hear lots of voices and water running as you do in most hotels. We all slept until 10:30 one morning without being disturbed :) Staff was polite and helpful. Great location near restaurants and shopping. Wish there were a hotel this well run in every town I travel to.

Room Tip: Handicapped accessible rooms guaranteed when reserving ahead - great for those who need it!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2011

This hotel is very new, and well-run. We had a little glitch at check-in that was remedied immediately, and the rest of our stay was very pleasant. The staff was very helpful, and the price was right. Average breakfast hosted by a very lovely attendant.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2011

Very nice place to stay! I love new hotels. Everyone works well, looks good and smells good. The breakfast was good. I am always up early so seating is rarely a problem. I didn't know there was a continental breakfast so it was a bonus.

My room overlooked the Adams motel which I have frequented in previous years. (Also a good place to sleep and costs a lot less). If I were on my own, the large chain hotels are too pricey and offer little more than the smaller motels, if you're just passing through.

Newer hotels in northern Ontario seem to be very expensive. I guess it's expensive to operate for such a short tourist season.

That being said, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

This is the 2nd Fairfield my family stayed at while travelling and they did not disappoint. The facility is only 3 months old and we found that the hotel cleanliness was immaculate. I did notice a faint smell of dirty gym bag in my room and I found out afterwards there was a sports team staying--it wasn't strong and I just sprayed a bit of body spray and it went away. The AC unit in my room (312) made a rattling noise that we forgot to tell management about.
Other than that, absolutely no issues.

The breakfast area was well-stocked, and service from the staff was professional and polite.

Thank you for a great stay!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Flin Flon, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

I stayed here while driving through Sault Ste Marie, and liked it so much that I stayed there again while driving back through a week later! The hotel is very new, and extremely clean. The price was great, too, which was a lot of the reason I came back. The parking lot was very bright, which was important to me as I was currently in the process of moving and my car was packed with stuff. When you’re coming in from Toronto going to Thunder Bay, it’s right on the main road so you don’t have to go out of your way to get to the hotel and you shouldn’t have any trouble finding it.

Breakfast and parking were included, with little microwavable breakfast sandwiches, bagels, etc. Its also right beside Boston Pizza, so it’s perfect for dinner.

The only downside I can think of is that the elevator is really slow for some reason. There are only three floors I thought, so I got over it.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple