“Great Atmosphere - Poor Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Casey's Grill Bar

Casey's Grill Bar
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian, Grill
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Classic and International menu based on fresh ingredients and a passion for flavor...popular choices include the Butcher Block Burger, Rotisserie Chicken, Back Ribs, Steaks, Mahi Mahi, and wonderful Asian dishes. Fully licensed; multi-leveled; flexible seating for business, groups or family entertaining; fireplace; free WIFI; very friendly;
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Atmosphere - Poor Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

My wife an I attend Casey's usually once to twice a month. It's got a great atmopshere and a decent menu. Last Friday night we had a totally different experience than I'm use to.

Going to summarize the visit to make this quick:
- Got sat at a table and waited 10-15 minutes for a server to come around
- Waited another 10-15 minutes to get our drinks
- 20-30 minutes of just sitting there got me a little frustrated.
- Ordered apps and main course.
- Apps came out quickly brought by a different waitress
- After apps we waited and waited for our food, drinks empty on the table then finally the waitress came by and asked if we wanted another drink. I ordered water, my wife ordered tea.
- 10 minutes after ordering a second round of drinks our food came out, again brought by different servers.
- I ordered a burger with extra pickles, 1 little shrivelled up pickle on my burger.
- Got my water, but my wife was half way through her meal until I had to call the waitress over to ask where here tea was.
- We finish eating and sit at our table for another 20 minutes with a pile of dirty plates in front of us....
- skipped desert and left promptly.

- 20-30 minutes to get drinks after being seated, screwing up the order, not following up on how the food was after it was served, not bringing the second round of drinks, not clearing the table after we were finished.....

We normally have a great experience at Casey's but this one was for the books. Throughout the dinner I was going to grab the manager if she walked by, but she didn't.

I wish I could remember the servers name, but I cannot. She was rude and unattentive.

I chock up this poor visit to our crappy server!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Paul W
Jamie H, Marketing Manager at Casey's Grill Bar, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
I apologize for the tardy response - your review seems to have missed my ever-vigilant watch. Casey's Grill.Bar is focused on great service, and it is very disappointing to hear of your experience. As you said, this is certainly not the norm. I have forwarded your review to Management and we will be in contact with you shortly. Thank you for reporting your experience. Managers do their best to check in with each and every table - I regret that we did not have the opportunity to visit yours.

Canada
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

Great staff and awesome food. Ate here around 15 times over 7 weeks of business staying at the Water Tower Inn - never disappointed.

Visited November 2012
Jamie H, Marketing Manager at Casey's Grill Bar, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Will pass this on to the superb wait and kitchen staff at Casey’s Grill.Bar, and our wonderful chef Egbert Correa. Thank you for your welcome comments.
caledonia
“Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

Good varity on the menu and great food and service. Nice dining atmosphere, Very curtious serving staff

Visited October 2013
Jamie H, Marketing Manager at Casey's Grill Bar, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for your kudos William, and we hope you drop in again on your next visit to the Sault. Casey’s Grill.Bar launched its new menu October 7th, and we are getting very good guest response. There are gluten-free and Health Check items on the menu as well, that people truly welcome.
Minesing, Canada
“Great menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

A very good menu with a wide range of entrees to choose from and not over the top prices.
I ordered Jambalaya which was excellent. The staff was good, the restaurant is nicely decorated and service was excellent. Highly recommend.

• Visited September 2013
Jamie H, Marketing Manager at Casey's Grill Bar, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
I see you are an avid reviewer, so you know your stuff. Latest news is, Casey’s Grill.Bar will launch a new menu October 7th, but we won’t get rid of the favourites and classics (like the jambalaya you enjoyed). In fact, the new menu features a new twist on Jambalaya...Jambalaya topped with grilled Jumbo shrimp! We also have feature night menus, and gluten-free and heart-friendly choices. We appreciate you recommending us.
Toronto, Canada
“as expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Decent mid-range cuisine. I had a steak one night and 9-veg linguini the other night - both very tasty,and good service.

Visited September 2013
I see that you also wrote us a great review for our hotel, Algoma’ Water Tower Inn & Suites, so you were a guest and ate at our Casey’ Grill.Bar two nights…we appreciate the kudos, and look forward to your return; especially since you also positively reviewed two of my favourite places, Pancake Bay Provincial Park and the Canadian Bushplane Heritage Centre, both terrific places to visit when you’re in the Sault.